Chapter 52

A Few Weeks Later

Jane and Maura "get called" to City Hall for a body. What Maura doesn't know, is that there isn't a body and Jane has a wedding ceremony set in place.

R&I

At City Hall

Jane and Maura go into City Hall. When they get in there, Maura sees the way it's set up and looks at Jane.

Maura: Jane, you did all this? How did you have time to do this?

Jane: I had some help. The whole family helped me. We had a case and I wanted to get married as soon as possible.

As soon as Jane says that, everyone walks into the Courtroom. They get into the position Jane told them to be in and Judge Donnelly comes up to the podium.

Judge Donnelly: Jane, Maura please come forward.

They do.

Judge Donnelly: Everyone, please be seated. I'm not gonna go into the basics. Lets start. Do you Jane Rizzoli take Maura Isles to be your lawfully wedded wife. To have and to hold. To love and to charish. For better or worse. In sicknesses and in health. To death do you part?

Jane: I do.

Judge: And do you Maura Isles take Jane Rizzoli to be your lawfully wedded wife. To have and to hold. To love and to cherish.For better or worse. In sickness and in health. To death do you part?

Maura: I do.

Judge Donnelly: By the power vested in me by the State of Massachusetts, I now pronounce you spouses for life. Jane, you may kiss your bride.

Jane grabs Maura and gives her a searing kiss. Everyone applauds.

Judge Donnelly: Jane has prepared a song for Maura. She says it's very important and needs to be done. Jane, would you grab the guitar.

Jane grabs the guitar. She walks back looks right at Maura and starts playing.

Daughters by John Mayer

I know a girl. She puts the color inside of my world. But she's just like a maze.
Where all of the walls all continually change. And I've done all I can to stand on her steps with my heart in my hands. Now I'm starting to see; Maybe it's got nothing to do with me.

Fathers, be good to your daughters.
Daughters will love like you do. Girls become lovers who turn into mothers.
So mothers, be good to your daughters too.

Oh, you see that skin? It's the same she's been standing in. Since the day she saw him walking away. Now she's left; Cleaning up the mess he made.

So fathers, be good to your daughters.
Daughters will love like you do.
Girls become lovers, who turn into mothers. So mothers, be good to your daughters too.

Boys, you can break. You'll find out how much they can take. Boys will be strong; And boys soldier on. But boys would be gone without the warmth from; A womans good, good heart.

On behalf of every man; Looking out for every girl; You are the god and the weight of her world.

So fathers, be good to your daughters;
Daughters will love like you do; Girls become lovers who turn into mothers;
So mothers, be good to your daughters too [x3]

Maura is crying.

Jane: The reason I sang that song, is...I'm pregnant! We're gonna be parents!

Maura: Oh, my god! Baby! That's wonderful!

Jane: And, I want to take your name. I figured we could hyphenate them.

Maura: Yes. I'll like that.

She hugs her. Jane hugs her back. They kiss and everyone congratulates them. Then, they sign the marriage certificate, leave and go home.