- 16 -

He fucking laughs

He fucking laughs.

It's the kind of laugh that sends shivers down my spine - and also makes me clench my thighs together. I'm fucked, I know it.

You know you're screwed when someone's laugh makes you stop.

"Why are you here?" I whisper, "Why did you have to do this? You could've forced me to wear this bracelet tomorrow morning... why did you have to brea—

"Shhh.." He places a long finger on my lips to silence me. "Because I fucking wanted to. I gave you this bracelet because I fucking wanted to. I broke in because I wanted to. I marked you because I wanted to. I kissed you that night because I wanted to."

Tears blur my vision as I struggle to understand. "I hated it, you know? When you kissed me that night. God, it felt fucking disgusting." I lie through my teeth.

Val's eyes narrow, his expression hardening. He tilts his head slightly, studying me. For a moment, I think he might actually believe me. But then he leans in closer, his breath warm against my ear.

A scream escapes me when he bites the earlobe. "Did it?"

I open my mouth to yell but, he puts his mouth on mine and closes on me, pressing me deeper into the mattress and putting all his weight on me. It's as if he hates me too, he's expressing it through his kiss. It is fierce, suffocating and everything.

A mix of fear and adrenaline courses through my veins, I try to push him away, but he's too strong. His hands grip my wrists, holding them beside my head as he continues his assault on my lips. It's as if he's trying to break me apart until there's nothing left but submission.

And that's my only worry right now.

Eventually, I can't breathe and I start thrashing around, he tightens his hold on my wrists - they're definitely bruised.

"Val!" I try to scream but it's all muffled.

He finally pulls back, his breath ragged, his eyes dark with a dangerous mix of emotions. "Don't ever lie to me again," he growls, his grip on my wrists loosening just enough to let me catch my breath.

My chest heaves as I gasp for air, tears streaming down my face.

"Take off your shirt."

"No, you bastard." I spit out. I wasn't going to give this motherfucker the satisfaction of seeing me cry.

I am literally the youngest daughter of my family and this bastard thinks he can treat me like this.

"Take. It. Off. Zara."

"You don't deserve even to see me, you pervert."

"Too bad. I'm going to rip off those privileges, baby girl."