This is My Heaven

The first time Muichiro had met Genya, it had been by accident.

Being a relatively new slayer, Genya had absolutely no idea where he was going in the Butterfly mansion after finishing healing from some wounds, and had bumped into the Mist Hashira.

The Younger boy had glared daggers into him, and Genya had gone red as a tomato, thinking that Tokitou was a girl. He had babbled something that resembled an apology and scurried off.

A few days later, Muichiro had asked Sanemi at a meeting if he had a brother. It only confused him when the wind Hashira said he didn't.

Then to add to the mist Hashira's growing confusion, he was assigned to a mission with the mysterious boy, who introduced himself as Genya Shinazugawa.

So Muichiro asked him if he had a brother. Genya was rather enthusiastic to talk about his older brother, and Muichiro just had to ask Sanemi again at the next meeting, who yet again denied the existence of a brother.

It was genuinely the most confusing thing, until Genya actually explained to him the situation. The two boys soon became fast friends, and Muichiro learned to not mention the friendship between the two around the older Shinazugawa.

It had been a simple friendship, until that New Year's party. Then they'd kissed. And then they were dating? Maybe?

It was confusing for Muichiro. They hadn't really gotten to work things out because.... Apocalypse. So truth be told he didn't really know what they were.

But he never would know.

That's right. He was dead wasn't he.

His eyes flickered open. There was bright light, glaring down at him.

This was heaven.

Wasn't it?

Heaven wasn't supposed to hurt. He was definitely hurting a lot. His arm stung.

He managed to sit up, looking around at his surroundings.

It definitely didn't look like Heaven. It was just a room.

An empty room, with a bed and a slightly open door.

Someone poked their head through the door.

The angel?

"Hi Angel." He murmured, his vision blurry.

The angel turned bright red.

Muichiro fell back onto his bed.

"Its the devil! I went to hell!" He cried, slipping back into darkness, At least he thought he cried out. In reality it was more of a sad quiet whimper.

When he woke up again, the angel was back.

Although this time he could tell it wasn't an angel.

(Or the Devil. )

"Morning Sleepyhead." Genya Shinazugawa smiled.

Muichiro's eyes widened as he sat up quickly.

"What? Where-?"

"Whoa, Easy there." Genya put a hand on his shoulder. "You're in the Butterfly mansion. Me and Tanjiro found you passed out and carried you back to Shinobu."

Muichiro reached his hand up, running a hand along the line of stitches that were now at his wound. Of course, they hadn't bothered to give him a shirt.

"Tanjiro? Shinobu? Who else is here?"

The older boy glanced at the door.

"Well, there's Nezuko, Zenitsu, Inosuke, Kanao. They've been here the entire time, along with Shinobu and Tanjiro."