Hold Me

"You should be fine to leave the infirmary now."

Shinobu chirped sweetly, checking the bandages wrapped neatly across Muichiro's shoulder and arm.

"Thank God."

Muichiro grumbled.

Genya had been visiting every day, along with Tanjiro and the others, but being confined to the bed was killing him.

"You'll have to share a room with one of the other boys" Shinobu added, moving backwards to let Muichiro stand up. "Some of the rooms are still trashed from the beginning."

Muichiro nodded. It wasn't until he'd stepped out into the corridor that he realized he still hadn't asked for a fucking Shirt. For Fucks sake.

He managed to locate the door he was looking for, tentatively knocking on it.

Genya opened the door almost immediately.

"Hello?- Oh Muichiro."

Muichiro gave him a warm smile.

"Mind sharing the room?"

"Oh um no of course not- come in."

Genya babbled, stepping aside to let the younger boy step through.

The room was relatively small, with two beds on opposite sides of the room.

It was clear to tell which one was in use, Genya's bed was an untidy mess of blankets, and the other was neatly made, untouched except for a tiny backpack leaned against the wooden post. His backpack.

The room was on one of the upstairs floors, so a grand window sat between the beds. He assumed it looked over the garden, but the curtains were drawn. In front of the window was a small nook that looked ever so comfortable.

Muichiro sat down on the tidy bed, pulling the backpack up onto his lap and unzipping it.

He was severely disappointed when he noticed the absence of the two most important items.

"If you're looking for my Yukata, I have it."

Genya chimed, practically reading his mind. He held up the purple cloth.

"You were holding it when we found you."

"Did you get your gun as well?"

Muichiro asked. He couldn't remember what had happened to it.

Genya shook his head.

"There wasn't anything else I could see, and I was a bit more focused on you bleeding to death."

He joked.

"I'm sorry, I must've dropped it when I was running."

Genya smirked.

"What happened to 'Don't apologize.'?"

"I never apologize, so I'm allowed to. You apologize in every sentence."

Genya laughed. His laugh was nice. Soft and Genuine.

"That reminds me, here."

He dug around in the dresser, pulling out a shirt that was clearly too small for himself.

He tossed it over to Muichiro, who caught it effortlessly, and stared at it.

Holy shit. His prayers had been answered.

"I could literally marry you right now."

He said suddenly, throwing the shirt on to cover his exposed chest.