Sunset Talks

Muichiro had learned that Genya's arms were a very nice jacket. His chest was also a very nice pillow.

Both boys were laid on Muichiro's bed, Genya holding Muichiro to him as he slept.

Sunlight peeking through the curtains shone strips of light across the room.

Muichiro lifted his head up, taking in Genya's face, bathed in morning sunlight.

He nestled his head back into the crook of his neck, feeling the rise and fall of his chest.

He could stay like this forever.

He hoped they could stay like this forever,

If every morning started off like this, then every morning would be an amazing morning.

He didn't think he could ever get bored of that view.

.........................................................................

"After you milady."

Genya gave an exaggerated bow as he slid open the lock of the Butterfly mansion gate, pushing the gate open.

"You're hilarious."

Muichiro rolled his eyes, quipping back sarcastically.

After Genya had woken up, he'd suggested they patrol around the area. After informing Shinobu that they were headed out and receiving a long lecture about making sure Muichiro didn't strain his shoulder and injure it again, they'd changed into long jackets and pants and headed out to the garden.

"Not my fault I can't tell you apart from a girl."

"You've seen me shirtless."

"Maybe I need to see again, to double check."

"Shut up."

Muichiro gave Genya a playful shove as he closed the gate behind them.

"So, any particular spot in mind?"

"Well... Me and Tanjiro found this one spot awhile back... but you gotta climb to get to it and Miss Kocho said not to put any strain on your shoulder."

Muichiro shrugged.

"I'll be fine."

Genya sighed.

"Alright, this way."

......................................................

Muichiro's hands fit perfectly into the crooks of the rocks as he scaled the side of the cliff, Genya slightly further ahead.

It wasn't too big of a climb, so if they fell it wouldn't kill them, probably just a few broken bones.

Genya pulled himself up, disappearing over the edge, his hand reappearing moments later.

Muichiro grabbed onto his hand and let him help to pull him up, his injured arm stinging from the climb.

The view from so high up was gorgeous, acres and acres of trees under a bright blue sky.

When you are surrounded by destruction, all you see is destruction, but in the calm, you can see how truly beautiful everything can be.

Maybe the apocalypse wasn't so bad.

Zombies didn't destroy things purposefully, people did.

The more zombies, the less people, and less people meant that the world could stay as beautiful as this.

"It took us so long to get here, its almost sunset."

Muichiro noted, surveying the position of the sun.