Chapter 2: The Next Ride

(Leia's POV)

A week had passed since Mika and I's first encounter. I couldn't stop thinking about her. There was an undeniable connection between us, one that I couldn't ignore.

One Saturday morning, my phone buzzed with a message. It was from Mika.

"Good morning! Ride tayo today? May alam akong magandang ruta papunta sa Tagaytay. Interested?"

My heart leapt. I quickly replied, "Game! What time and where do we meet?"

"Let's meet at the gas station near Buendia at 9 AM," Mika replied.

I hurriedly got ready, excitement bubbling inside me. By 8:45 AM, I was already at the gas station, anxiously looking around for Mika. Moments later, I spotted Mika's colorful helmet approaching.

"Hey, ready ka na?" I greeted her with a warm smile.

"Of course! Let's go!" Mika responded eagerly.

The ride to Tagaytay was exhilarating. The wind rushed past us, the scenic views a blur as we sped down the highway. We stopped at a viewpoint overlooking Taal Volcano, the sight taking my breath away.

"Ang ganda dito," Mika remarked, taking off her helmet and letting the cool breeze tousle her hair.

I nodded, my eyes fixed on the view. "This is one of my favorite spots. It reminds me to appreciate the beauty around us, kahit gaano ka-busy ang buhay."

We spent the day exploring Tagaytay, visiting little cafes, and enjoying the scenic views. As the sun began to set, we found ourselves at a quiet hilltop, watching the sky change colors.

"Minsan, nakakalimutan natin to slow down and enjoy moments like this," I said softly, my gaze on the horizon.

I glanced at Mika, feeling a surge of affection. "Thanks for inviting me today. It’s been amazing."

Mika turned to me, her eyes reflecting the sunset’s hues. "I'm glad you came. I feel like we were meant to meet, Leia."

My heart raced. "I feel the same way."

We rode back to Manila in comfortable silence, the bond between us growing stronger with each passing mile.