60

Finishing another sip of her wine after the strange outburst from her bother's mate, and subsequent awkward exit, "She's odd." Cassi announced a second after the door closed behind the demon she could not entice, and the extremely awkward woman her brothers were apparently supposed to share.

"Cassi." Lumi warned her sister. Cassi was full of the kind of arrogance only a young dragon was capable of. Unable to truly rationalise how finite a mate bond was when all she was after were quick passionate flings and nights of experimentations in kinks. Her dragon was attempting to reason with Cassi, the dragon wished to one day find one to covet and cherish. Cassi would desperately hate having her siblings reminding her of I told you so's in the future when her time.

This was bigger and more grand than just Alex and August's own wants and desires, goddesses and fates had worked together to decide this was a path worth writing in stone. Lumi looked at Sebastian. Her other half, someone who loved all of Lumi just as she was. She wanted that same connection for her brothers.

Cassi shrugged her shoulders and prowled her way back to the wine bottle, refilling her glass. "What?" Cassi questioned her siblings as all three of them, and Sebastian all stared at Cassi like she was the weirdo who talked about almost dying in a pond before bolting from dinner like a startled bird. Making an exasperated sound under her breath. "Fine, she was a treat." Cassi grumbled, taking another sip from her glass, "What was up with the demon then?" Cassi asked assuming that talking about the demon would be more tolerable to her siblings.

She was unprepared to have Alex and August both laugh at her question, and to look over to Lumi for support only to see Lumi smiling at her expense too. Sebastian cleared his throat, making all her siblings only laugh harder. "Binh is how you would say asexual, he only desires nightmares based on truth and you beautiful, dragoness have nothing to satisfy his cravings." Which only made Alex and August roar with laughter even harder. Lumi had at least stopped now.

Cassi took a large drink from her wine glass. "Well someone could have told me before I had made a fool of myself." her cheeks burning hot with embarrassment. Downing the last of her wine. "Lumi, you can take me home now." Cassi announced, failing to realize that her own embarrassment followed by a request for a hasty exit was exactly what Ariel had done.

August returned from his round of bringing plates to the kitchen for Alex to meticulously load into the dishwasher, "It was more fun watching an unstoppable force meet an immovable object." Cassi's eyes went wide. It was one thing when Lumi and Sebastian knew things Cassi did not, they were as close to being divine beings as Cassi ever wanted to meet.

It was a much harder blow when her wolf brothers were better informed than she was. "We're working with the demon not against him, Cass." Alex called as plates and cutlery clattered into the dishwasher over and over as Alex made sure everything from dinner could fit into the beloved kitchen appliance.

Lumi walked into the kitchen while Sebastian distracted Cassi with pleasing words to her ears. "You were great tonight, both of you. She is lovely." Lumi hadn't actually ever tried that magic before, it had been a half wild gamble on her part considering her careful and thoughtful nature, paired with the deep rooted conditioning from childhood to hide and repress her magic. She had been thrilled when it had worked, but she was unprepared for how much of Ariel would seep back to her as the spell worked.

Lumi was going to need to check in with Guillermo sooner rather than later, she decided she might as well make an entire day of it and request a meeting with Marisol regarding Ariel's past. Knowing that Marisol would never refuse a meeting from Lumi. A privilege Lumi would never abuse frivolously.

Lumi kissed both her brothers on their cheeks, and wished them well, telling them she loved them. Gathering up Cassi and Sebastian, Lumi teleported first Cassi to her new, hyper modern penthouse apartment before whisking herself and Sebastian back to their beloved corner of Paris where they were currently enjoying living together.