chapter 14

After the man's intervention with Tommy's father, things seemed to settle down for the time being. However, Tommy knew that this was only a temporary solution, and he needed to find a more permanent solution to their problem.
As the days went by, Tommy began to notice that his father was becoming increasingly withdrawn and quiet. He seemed to be struggling with something, but refused to talk about it.

Tommy grew increasingly concerned about his father's behavior. He tried to talk to him about what was going on, but his father would always brush him off and tell him not to worry about it.
One day, Tommy noticed that his father was missing from his home. He searched for him everywhere with his guards, but he was nowhere to be found.
As the hours passed, Tommy began to fear the worst. Had his father run away? Was he in danger?
As night fell, Tommy was at a loss for what to do. He knew that he needed to find his father, but he had no idea where to start looking.

Just as he was about to give up hope, he heard a noise outside the mansion. He grabbed his weapon and went to investigate.
To his surprise, he saw his father standing there, looking tired and worn out.
"Father!" Tommy exclaimed. "Where have you been? Are you okay?"
Tommy's father looked at him with a mix of sadness and resignation. "I've been thinking," he said. "I've been thinking about what you said, about how I need to change my ways if we're going to survive here."
"And?" Tommy prompted.
His father sighed. "And I've decided that I can't do it. I'm not cut out for this life. It's best if I leave."
Tommy couldn't believe what he was hearing. "Leave? You can't leave. We need you here."

Tommy's father shook his head. "I'm more of a burden than anything else. I can't help you, not the way you need me to. It's best if I go and try to make a life for myself somewhere else."
Tommy was desperate to change his father's mind, but he knew that he wouldn't be able to do it. "Father, please," he said, his voice pleading. "I don't want you to go. Now some of these people have seen you, what will happen when they find you?"
His father looked at him for a long moment, his expression filled with regret. "I'm sorry, son," he said, his voice breaking.

The next morning, Tommy watched his father leave the mansion, his heart heavy with sadness but he would never admit it. He knew that he would never see him again.

As the days passed, Tommy tried to come to terms with his father's departure. He threw himself into his work, doing whatever he could to help grow his business.
He tried to tell himself that it was for the best, that his father was better off on his own. But he couldn't shake the feeling that something was missing from his life.
And deep down, he knew that it was his father. And when he was beginning to accept his father back.