chapter 9

After a tour that seemed like forever, Tommy and Rosella finally rested at the guest waiting room with a glass of water on their hands.

It was quite hot and Tommy seemed a little over dressed and had not prepare for such an eventful afternoon.

Soon after everyone was well rested, Mr Abraham walked through the double decked doors looking like his usual friendly self but yet gives an intimidating aura. Tommy got up quickly, too quickly that he stepped on his own feet causing him to stumble towards Mr Abraham but was immediately caught by a butler that was near by. He shyly thanked the butler and both Mr Abraham and his daughter laughed very hard, this made Tommy cheeks turn red like a tomato. Words can’t express how embarrassed he was but Mr Abraham cheered him up with a firm reassuring smile. 

The conversation about business went on forever and Rosella began to get bored. It was true she was a business woman but at some point, talking about business and investments can be nerve reckoning to her. She excused herself from her company and walked straight to the kitchen to get a glass of wine. She really needed to easy her nerves.
Not so long after, Tommy followed behind trying to catch up with her. He had no idea she was a successful independent woman and she never really talked about it. She was the grand CEO of Abraham’s diamond mine and fashion hub. It almost blew his mind when he got this information from the conversation earlier with her father.
She could be the perfect partner. Maybe he could get a collaboration with her. After all, he wanted to try something new and maybe diamonds can be something he would love to invest in. Though Tommy have no knowledge on that kind of business, he was more than willing to learn and he had the skills to convince her to let him into her world of fine Jews.

It began to run late and Tommy is utterly exhausted from the days event and decided it was time for him to go home. He took Rosella’s hand and gave it a kiss, letting it linger for a few seconds before giving Mr Abraham a firm handshake and showing off his million dollar smile before heading out. He would have bid farewell to Russell too but he had no idea where he and his fiancée ran off to.

It was quite lovely to be in the Abrahams household, everybody was friendly and the staffs were even open minded with a big smile on their faces. It was then he knew that not all rich people are bad and miss leading.