19

A SUDDEN CALL —–— from Mina telling me to get to the house worried me to the bone. I mean, I already was making my way there, but her telling me to do so wasn't helping. The urgency in her voice only heightened my anxiety.

As I drove Ken's car through the night, my mind raced with scenarios of what could have happened. My heart pounded, a mix of concern for Baby and frustration at being out of the loop. I hoped that Ken was managing everything and that the situation would be under control by the time I arrived.

Finally, I pulled up to the house and quickly stepped out of the car after turning the engine off. My mouth dropped at the sight of the entrance, or at least, what was left of it.

I shook my head and stepped over the rubble, heading inside the house.

The inside was no better. It was a chaotic mess. Furniture was overturned, and debris and dirt were scattered across the floor with a mix of glass. The lights were shattered and a part of the wall was broken.

"Oh my god..." I whispered, my heart racing as I moved carefully through the wreckage.

"[name]? Is that you?" Mine called out. I looked to where her voice came from and saw her hovering towards me. "Great, you're finally here. Ken is in the cave right now with the infant,"

I nodded and followed her to the elevator platform, noticing that the glass around it was broken, "What happened?" I asked her as we went inside.

"The baby was experiencing acid reflux and to be brief, escaped into the city. She was shot with tranquilizer darts and when Ken went to save her,"

"Acid reflux?! Shot?! Oh, poor Baby," I frowned as the elevator started to descent, "What the hell is the KDF thinking?!"

"I am sorry,"

I looked at her confused, "Sorry for what?"

"For ruining your date with Ken,"

I gave her with a reassuring look, "It's not your fault, Mina," I told her.

Mina's eye glowed softly, showing her concern. "Still, I feel responsible for the disruption."

"You don't have to apologize for something you couldn't control," I placed my hand on her spherical body, "Plus, Ken and I can go on a lot more dates later, so don't worry,"

Mina's eye glowed a little brighter as if expressing relief. "Thank you," she said softly.

I gave her a warm smile.

When the elevator doors opened to the house's underground base, I softly gasped, "Oh, Baby," I grew worried at the sight of her slumped pump, pink body resting against Ultraman's side.

Ken sat beside the baby Kaiju, his massive Ultraman form looking almost protective as he gently stroked her head. The baby whimpered softly, her eyes half-closed from the lingering effects of the tranquilizer.

"Ken," I called out softly as I approached, my heart aching at the sight of the injured creature. I noticed that there was something wrong with her arm. He looked up, relief flooding his eyes as he saw me.

"She's hurt," Ken said, his voice filled with worry. I noticed a green needle sticking out from her side and gently touched it, making her cry out in pain. I backed way, "I let her get hurt. I don't know what I should do, [name]. We were attacked, and—and..." His voice trembled as he seemed on the verge of a panic attack.

I placed my hand on the side of his large metal leg, "Hey, hey, hey," I said softly, trying to soothe him, "Take a breath, Ken, Everything is fine—she is fine. Just breathe, in and out. In and out." I guided him with myself, I guided him with myself, inhaling and exhaling slowly to help him calm down.