33

KEN LANDED IN ——— the water with a giant splash, swiftly getting onto his feet to face the mechanical Gigantron with his fists clenched and a stern gaze unwavering. He was feeling a whirlwind of emotions; anguish, fury, determination—all of which were surging through his veins.

His expression softened when he noticed Emi flying beside the mecha with her new wings, chirping happily at the sight of her other parent.

"There's my girl," he softly coaxed, his voice carrying across the water. He put his arms out in an inviting way. Emi chirped happily in response, fluttering closer to Ken before stopping in mid-air by the Gigantron's roar.

Ken frowned, "Emi. We gotta go, girl. That's not your real mama. She's just a fake. Something the bad men made to trick you. Mommy is waiting for you at home, remember?"

The mecha Kaiju roared in response as if denying his claims.

He looked up at the KDF jet that was hovering above them, "I know you're up there! Coward!" He yelled, his voice booming across the water in anger.

The massive mecha Gigantron surged forward in a ferocious attack, and Ken swiftly countered, evading her powerful arm as she attempted to strike him. Gliding along the ocean floor, he wheeled around to face her, charging ahead while rearing back one arm, the fist emanating an intense, radiant glow before delivering a resounding punch to the Kaiju.

She staggered on her feet, struggling to regain her balance before swiftly recovering and sprinting towards Ken, letting out a deep bellow of anger. Just as she was about to reach him, she pivoted and lashed out with her tail, striking across his body with a powerful sweep.

Ken grunted in pain as Gigantron's tail struck him with force, sending him flying backward through the air. He crashed into the ocean's surface, creating a large splash as he skidded across the water.

"Ugh!" he groaned as he held onto his shoulder, struggling to regain his bearings as he submerged briefly before resurfacing. Water dripped from his armor, his body tensed from the impact.

Gigantron approached Ken, about to send him another attack before Emi flew in between the two, facing her mother, and letting out she let out a high-pitched, resonant cry.

However, the Kaiju ignored her and sent a beam of green light hurtling toward Ken.

He ducked underneath the water, waiting until she finished her attack before flying out from behind and jumping onto her back. He climbed up her neck and plunged her head into the water, her moment of surprise gave Ken the upper hand as he sent a punch to the side of her head.

She knocked him away before he could hit her a second time, glaring at him as she turned her body. She stood up straight and the metal around her chest started to shift, revealing rows of cannons that were implanted inside. They each popped out before shooting out missiles.

Ken's eyes widened as the missiles approached, doing a backflip high in the air to avoid them. As he landed back in the water, he put up his shield to let them hit the barrier instead of flying off into the city.

Caught amid the attack, a missile hit Emi in the back, and she let out a distressed cry, her wings flapping erratically as she tumbled through the air and skidded across the water.

"NO!" Ken yelled out in fear, putting down his barrier to run to the baby Kaiju. He knelt on the ground, the water around him splashing as he hurriedly reached Emi. "No! No, no,"

Her small form lay on the rocky outcrop, her wings charred and her body trembling. Ken breathed heavily, his heart aching as he gently picked her up, cradling her carefully, "No, no, no. No, no, no,"