forty.

FOUR MONTHS LATER- JUNE 21ST
California

Aurora let out a loud sigh as she walked into her doctor's appointment. Just the walk from the car to the building had her ready to pass out and she was over it. She looked over at Jameer who greeted Sandra and Yasmine with their morning coffee and a big smile.

Any other time, she'd call him cute but she was so irritated from her back hurting that she wasn't in the mood for anything.

"Is Dr. Campbell ready?" she interrupted their conversation with annoyance clear in her tone.

"Ro, we just walked in. Come here." Jameer said, pulling her into his body.

"You are not in the mood today, honey. Is it back pain, headache, ready for the baby to come?" Yasmine asked, drinking her iced coffee.

"My back. How did my stomach grow ten times bigger in 4 months?" she pouted, leaning her face on Jameer's arm.

"The ways of pregnancy, my darling. You're getting closer and closer though." Sandra grinned.

"I'm so ready for them to get here but I know I'm gonna miss my bump." she said.

"That's what we all say. Let's get y'all back to the room." Sandra smiled at them as she led them back to the ultrasound.

"He's with another patient but he knows you're here so it shouldn't be too long." she told them before closing the door.

"Help me." she pouted, looking at Jameer.

Jameer chuckled at her before helping her sit up on the ultrasound chair before laying it back. He stood next to her with a smile before leaning down to kiss her forehead.

"You look pretty today." he told her.

"I really don't but thank you, baby. Are we still going to the store after this?" she asked.

"Only if you want to. I don't want you to have to be on your feet for too long. I just wanted to grab a few things to cook at the house tonight."

"We can go. I'm just hungry." she sighed, staring up at him.

"You already know what I'm about to say." Jameer stared pointedly at her.

Aurora rolled her eyes as she thought about his diet he kept trying to get her on. Ever since they came back from vacation in Costa Rica, he'd been trying to get her to eat the same as him. It was now offseason so he could relax a little on his strict diet but he wanted Aurora to join him. She wanted no parts of it though because she missed her junk food.

"Meer, I don't wanna do that. That small ass breakfast we had this morning wasn't enough. I wanted French toast, not protein pancakes."

"They were good for you and you liked them. And weren't you the one who thanked me for maintaining your weight?" he asked, raising a brow.

"Jameer, next time I say I want pancakes, you better give me pancakes. Don't you want your fiancée happy?" she said, dangling her ring in front of his face with a smirk.

"You know, you're lucky you're cute so you get to use that on me." he swatted her hand before going to sit down across from her.