thirty-nine.

LAS VEGAS, NEVADA
24 HOURS TIL GAMEDAY

Aurora snuggled against her two brothers who were sitting on the couch in her suite. They'd been engrossed in work talk for the last hour and her two girls went to the spa with the kids. Aurora had been asleep all morning so she had no space to even be upset about them going without her. She was just completely bored without them and these two men weren't paying her any mind.

"Bruh, that's what I told his ass! How the fuck you charging me for wanting to install the security system and that's not even yo job?" Hakeem said, throwing his hands up.

"I been stopped fucking with his weird ass. After he tried to buy my gym, I told his ass to kick rocks. Don't answer no more of his- Aurora, goddamn!" Darius laughed, looking at her frown.

"I mean, damn! Niggas don't see their pregnant sister bored out of her mind?" she huffed, sitting up.

"Ro, you been running off fumes since we got here 3 days ago. You need to be sleep." Hakeem said, flicking her forehead which she quickly returned with a slap on his leg.

It was true. Ever since her and Jameer's family got to Vegas, she'd been playing host and making sure all of them had everything they needed. She hadn't told anybody but it was her way of keeping busy so she wouldn't think too much of the game and how terrified she actually was. Watching as a fan was scary in itself but the father of her baby was playing in it and she wanted nothing short of a win for him tomorrow.

The thought of Jameer made Aurora start to miss him terribly. She hadn't seen him since yesterday from how busy he was with interviews, team meetings, ESPN championship week activities he had, and a hundred more things. She knew he was probably beyond tired especially since they'd stayed up last night "making love" as Jameer called it. Aurora wanted him on a strict no sex-no sugar rule while in Vegas but clearly they'd already failed.

"I haven't seen him since yesterday, my girls are at the spa without me, I miss my nieces and nephew, my bestfriend couldn't come out here, Mom and Dad act like they've never been to Vegas before and you two bafoons won't even talk to me." she huffed, folding her arms.

"Why haven't you talked to Calvin and Rod since they got here?" Hakeem asked, making her roll her eyes.

"I don't want to. I'm not answering no more questions about them." she stood up, going in the small dining area.

The two men followed her and sat at the island in front of her. They knew why she didn't want to talk to them but it's been 3 days and it was getting awkward. Aurora hated that they'd known for years that her brother was alive and just never thought to say anything especially after coming to the house last year. It annoyed her everytime she looked at them because they sat in her face and never said anything.

"So, you're just gonna ignore them at the game tomorrow?" Darius asked.

"There will be enough people there to talk to so I won't have to say anything. Those are y'all friends, anyway." she shrugged, grabbing her bag of fruit snacks from the fridge.

"Calvin was more than a friend before though." Hakeem narrowed his eyes at her.

"Eat shit." she threw a fruit snack at him before going back to the couch.

"You know you're gonna have to talk to them cause Mom ain't lettin' that fly. She's on your ass already about it." Hakeem laughed, spinning in the chair.