Scar 8

"Text like this until after the story part ends indicates someone on the other end of a phone call"

Sorrel's P.O.V

Every time they weren't home I packed my stuff more and more. Sometimes Lia would come over and help me pack. I'm thankful that she's letting me live with her. It was the dead of night when I finally finished packing and I was ready to leave. Lia was with me tonight. "You ready to leave this shithole?" I nodded eagerly. We began to move out my stuff into her car that was waiting outside. I had just gotten the last bag when a gunshot went off and a bullet flew past my face, barely missing me. "And who are you to leave this house?"

The color drained from my face as I heard "dad" behind me. I turned around quickly and he fired another bullet at me. I panicked and ducked to avoid it. "I figured something was up when you always want to end our fights as soon as possible and head up to your room. Listen up and listen well, child. You are not to leave this house unless you want a bullet between your eyes."

My breathing picked up and my body started to tremble in fear, but I wouldn't let it control me this time, no matter what happened. "You don't control me. I can leave if and when I want, without your fucking approval! Go the fuck ahead! Try and shoot me, but it isn't gonna stop me from FUCKING LEAVING!" He looked red with fury. "Say that again you mutt. I dare you." I repeated my words, more firmly this time. "I SAID I'M FUCKING LEAVING DIPSHIT!!!" I'd never heard myself yell so loudly and I slightly flinched after at my own volume. Dad raised the gun at me again, aiming to shoot me, but I grabbed my stuff and bolted out the door, gunshots hot on my trail.

When I made it to the car I flung the door open and sat in the backseat panting, trying to catch my breath. Lia was shotgun while her chauffeur was at the wheel. She turned back to look at me and demanded, "What the fuck happened in there!? I heard gunshots go off but my stupid driver wouldn't let me see what happened" The chauffeur argued that it was too dangerous to go outside while I was still focusing on catching my breath.

When my heart finally slowed to a normal pace. I explained, "My dad found out. Tried to shoot me but missed. He tried to force me to say but I said 'fuck you' and bolted out the door as he tried to shoot me again." She was shocked. "That fucking rat bastard! I'll fucking put him in jail!" I calmed her down and told her it was fine. She was still upset about the situation but she let it go and we drove to her house. Once we got to her room we started to unpack all my stuff and put them where they needed to be. "I never really got a chance to say this but... Thank you, for everything, really." She glanced at me and smiled. "You're welcome Sorrel."

For the next few weeks everything was good. I lived with Lia and she introduced me to her friends. While they didn't like me at first, they eventually opened up to me and I found out that we had a few things in common. Everything was fine, it was always going to be fine. But then it all came crashing down, and all from a singular phone call.

We were just about to leave school when I got a call from my phone. "Gimme a minute Lia." I answered the phone without checking who the caller was and the person on the other end that spoke up made my blood boil.

"Sweetie? It's me! Mama... What are you doing right now?" I answered back sharply, "Staying away from you and dad, what does it look like? What in the fuck do you want anyway?" She sounded hesitant to answer. "Well about that..." I was getting impatient. "Spit it the fuck out woman! You're wasting my time by just calling me!"

She seemed to flinch at my words. "Alright, alright! Your father and I are getting a divorce. We already signed the papers and the judge ruled that I would get full custody of you. So you'll be living with me from now on and we'll be moving out of town." I wished her last words were a joke. I prayed her last words were a joke. I was silent for a while before whispering, "You're kidding, right...?" I could practically hear her shake her head. "No sweetie. This isn't a joke." At that I hung up, not even caring if she had something else to say. I looked down at the ground with lifeless eyes, the outside world becoming a humming blur to me. For the second time in my life, my world had shattered again.

"Why couldn't things just stay together...?"

"Why did everything fall apart...?"

"WHY IS IT ALWAYS ME!?"

"Why is it always... Me...?"

Ring around the rosie, a pocket full of poesies
Ashes, ashes, we all...fall...down...

Sometimes we wish we could change things and make it right...

B̷̙̣̙̙͓̗̆̔͌͊͑͊̈͆̎͗̄̚͠͝͝u̵̹̲̤̲͛̃̏̾̎̽ț̸̟̬̩̾̑̓͒́̓̚͝͝ ̸͎̤̟̱̀̔̒͐͗s̸̢͍̝̠̹̀o̷͔̼̩̦̥̤͈͈͎͛̒͛̆́̐͜m̴̛͉̻͔̾̈̅͌̈́̒͑͗̓̍͌̑͛̎e̷͔̟̩̙͆̋̈́̆͂͌̂͌̋͂t̵̲̗͕̫̙̳̙͙̔̋̊̌̋̀̏̍̂̿̕i̴̢̛͚̠̦̭͔̱͙̱̟̫̤̪͊̋̈́̚͜͝m̴̨͙̪̀̈́̀̊̋̊͑ͅȅ̴̡̧͈̩̮̠̺̥̗̜̂̄̀̐̏̑̈́̊͊͊̄̋̕͝ͅs̵̺̭͂͑̽̍̿̓͂͘͘͠ ̵̛̥̠̠̞̳̤͔̫́̈́͊̌͊̓̚i̵̠͎̬̺̫̬͙̮̞̩̤͗̏̋̇̐̊t̴̢̲͍̙͖̰͙̝̫̩̔̀'̴̧̝͉͙̮̜̬̼͔͙̙͆̏̔̓̒̍̂͂̔̊͘̕ş̸̧̪͍̗͚̬̪͈̼̙͙̙̮̀̀̈́̈́͝͝͝ ̵̢̡͕̠̘̭͕͕͚̝̞͛s̷̞̫͙̯̬̯͙̲͎̈́̎̋̒͘̕͝͠o̷̧̡̲͎̟̼͖̥͐͝ ̶͉͚͍̫̋̈́̾̆͐͌f̵̘̤̘͚͚̞͆̎͠ͅą̴̧̨̨̤͈̫͙̙̺̫̤̩̖̜͐̊̒̕r̸̪̔̆͆̉͂͆̏̊̇ ̷̨̡̦͙̥͚͉̗̭͈̣̋͌͂͜ḡ̶̢͇̻̗̥̟̰̂̐̃̓̾͜͝ơ̶̛̦̞̍̽̿̒̚͝͠͠n̴̛̲̈́̂̏́̃e̷̘̩̗͌̓͒̂̒ ̴̧̣͍͍̳͙̫͇̗͇̓̓͋̽̽͊̓̑͠t̷̠̟̺̉̀͆ḣ̵̥́͛̎́̉͂̕ã̶̙̪̞̩̦͗̈́̿͆̽͛͒͛ţ̸̟͉̝̖͗͌̈́͌̏́̇͘ ̵̡͓̙͓͖̲̣̅̆̓́͘͠ͅw̸̪͍̽́̅̋̄̓͋͒̎͗͋ë̶̼́ ̸̨̧̢͔͕͉͙̘̉̎̐̾ć̸̡͙̗͔͚̞͍͈͉͔̥̘̒͒͊̎͌ͅa̵̢̛̮̻̟̟̞̹͈̲̤̩̟̠̟͌̈́̓̑͂̋̂̋̓̃̐̈́̾͘ͅn̴̢̡̨̘̫̳̱̪͇̭̭͆̔̌̿̍͝ ̸̧̳̓̊̆̋̀̄̃̾̍̈́n̸̟̱̼̖̱̗̯̠̺̏̈̐̒̑͋̌̈́̽̒̓͝e̷̜̫͓͛̑͌̎̍̆͝v̷͍̱͒͌̿̐̄́̕͝ę̴̨̙͉͈̯̳͇͖́̿̀̇̈́̈́͘r̸̡̙̬̼̈́͆ ̶̰̪͕͑̈̅͗͒ċ̸͔͓͚͂͒͆̌͊̈ḩ̷̛͙͉̖̰̹̮͕͈̲̪̺̺̗̰̄̈̚̚a̵̢̱̠̟͊̃͝n̶̨̡̮̏̇̄̆̈́̅͂̾̋͗̕͘̕͠g̷͍͔̀͋̓e̴͕̹̖̾ ̴̺͈̬̻̦̯̿̀̓̒ẗ̵̹͎̞̲̗́͂͋̓̇̑̊͆̈́͛̎̽̕͜͝h̸̢̨͍͈̗̲̫͔͈̤̳̰̙͕̖̆̈́͛͋̈́̌͘͠ė̷̢̛̮͛͛͂̔̌͠m̷̡̢̦̣̣̩̙̖̠͍͛̓̒̕ͅ

Well this came a lot sooner that I expected 😌 motivation be peaking lmao 😂 anyways thats the end of this chapter, a little shorter than usual but its fine. Will motivation peak like this again? No. Will I try to make it peak again? Prolly. Bye yall!

Wc: 897