Scar 15

Sorrel's P.O.V

'Shit shit shit! I fucked it all up! Now she's not going to want to hang out with me anymore!' I ran as fast as I could, not caring about who tried to stop me. After a while I got tired and stopped to look at my surroundings and I noticed that I was outside an empty classroom, so I went in. The quietness was a nice change of pace from before, so I sat down and just took in the soft sounds around me. Birds chirping, wind subtly rustling, a voice calling out to me— Wait what.

My eyes shot open to see Scarlet enter the room and I immediately panicked. I stood up quickly and she slowed her movements. "Hey hey! I'm not gonna do anything, I'm just gonna sit right here..." She sat close to the door so I started to calm down a bit. I decided to sit just a bit further from her just in case she tried to come closer, but she didn't move. "W-Why are you here...? Aren't you supposed to be hanging out with those girls?" She seemed irked when I mentioned them so I turned away in shame. She realized that she looked angry and apologized. "Shit! I didn't mean to look so pissed off at you, it's just... Those three really got on my nerves after you had left so I told them off."

'She... Told them off? What? Why would she do that? And for someone like me no less...'

"Y-You didn't need to do that... I was probably keeping you away from them anyway..." She scoffed and waved them off. "Oh please! They do this shit every time some new kid comes when I end up helping the person, no one else. They literally just pick on the person and poke fun at them until they either move schools or move entirely. Then they get me to 'hang out' with them."

She seemed to get even more angry as she talked about them. With balled up fists she continued her talk about them, but something was up. "I let it slide for the most part, but seeing you in the same position... I knew that I couldn't let it go on. After you left I confronted them about their actions, but they didn't seem to care, 'specially Skylar. She said you were 'faint-hearted' and called you a 'thing'. I hated the way she talked about you, saying all those things that aren't true... It just had me pissed off."

My eyes widened as she talked. 'What...? No way she was that fucking worried over me... Right? I doubt anyone would care for me like that...'

"Why are you doubting that I would care for you like that? You're my friend, Sorrel. I'm not gonna let them walk all over you like that." I jumped as she replied to my thoughts. "D-Did I say that out loud...?" She gave a soft 'Yeah' and I held my head down in embarrassment. She chuckled softly and I could hear her getting up. I heard footsteps approach me, then stop after a bit. I tentatively looked up only to have my chin be in Scarlet's hand. I blushed wildly out of embarrassment. She laughed softly. "Hehe! Still the same easily flustered girl that I know." I lost eye contact with her due to her boldness when we heard the bell ring. "That's the bell... C'mon! Let's get to class!" She pulled me up and we walked to class with our fingers intertwined.

'Damnit... I've fallen hard huh?'

Holy fuckkkkkkk I actually came back to this X﹏X anyways school has just been shitting on me for the past few weeks and I hadn't uploaded in a month (ुŏ̥̥ŏ̥̥) but I do hope that yall liked this chapter (❁´◡'❁) It's pretty short, but I hope I crammed a decent chunk of story into this. Anyways bye!

Story wc: 601
Total wc: 664