Strive 175: The Meeting- Again..?

Kibishi's POV

Bu-bump! Bu-bump! Bu-bump!

BU-BUMP!

"Huh?!" I widen my eyes in shock.

My heart was beating so loud that it frightened me out of my slumber. I slowly sat up and held my head.

I then touch my heart to check if it's functional. I pressed my left hand on my chest and felt my heart beating normally again.

I take a deep breath and then smile.

"Phew! It's over now." I say to myself. I nodded and stood up off my bed. I look at the wall to check the time on my clock. "Whoa! It's almost time! I can't afford to sleep in again!"

I quickly grab my phone and then look at the messages from the founder. I see he hasn't realized I was passed out today, huh?

Wait.

"You need to tell me that I was out for the entire day? Man..." I frown at myself and my weak heart. If only it were more substantial, I could've hung with the others.

Vibrate! Vibrate!

I felt my phone vibrating in my hand. I look at the caller ID.

"The Founder? He knows that I'm up?" I tilt my head.

Beep!

"Good night, this is Kibishi speaking," I say after answering the call and putting them on my right ear.

"Ah, Kibishi! Perfect-! Ah, sorry. That's not right to say. I'm sorry for that outburst, Kibishi. I made it sound like I'm happy you are awake instead of sleeping some more for your health." The Founder explained.

"No worries. I'll take some medicine, and I should be okay now." I replied with a calm smile. For some reason, even if I wasn't breathing earlier, which was painful, I'm not worried about it. It's either the fact that I'm used to my life being in danger, or I'm not human anymore when it comes to pain.

"You sound calming for some reason. Are you sure you're alright? I know I was the one who called you, but feel free to hang on now and rest up." The Founder says, sounding sad.

"Even if I did, you wouldn't like it." I thought to myself.

"Hello?" The Founder call out on my phone.

"Ah, sorry! My head is still hurting, but not too much. Though, I was spacing out just now, haha. That's why I went silent just now, Founder." I explained.

"Oh, I see. Well, I hope you're doing okay. Kibishi. You know what, I think I'll let you rest for the night and have the supernaturals cancel tonight's mission-"

"Wait, no! I can make it, Founder!" I panicked.

"Hmm? Ah, no need to force yourself, Kibishi. Your health is way more important than the escape plan." The Founder explained.

"No, no, I don't need any more rest. I'll be right there, Founder! See ya'!" I say, then look at my phone.

"Kibishi, wait-"

Beep!

I hang up on the founder and place the phone inside my pants pocket.

"Right! Time to head out!" I nod to myself.

I take out some medicine and chuck it into my mouth. I did a hard swallow and started to leave my room. Time to head to the meeting!

Meeting area