𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘

Flashback - Jimin's POV

My parents are fighting again. Their voices are so loud that I can't concentrate on my studies. Glancing at the clock, I realize it's almost dinner time. I descend the stairs and witness my father slap my mother, causing her to fall to the ground and dad left. I rush to her side, tears welling up. "Mom, are you okay?" I ask, trying to comfort her.

She looks up at me with tear-filled eyes. "It's okay, Jimin. Your dad didn't mean to push me. It was an accident," she assures me, despite the obvious lie. "Let's have dinner; it's already late."

The next day, returning from my study class, I hear my parents arguing again. The sound of breaking objects fills the air, and panic grips me as usual. Shaking, I sit on the stairs outside, tears streaming down my face.

A tap on my shoulder startles me. I turn to see a little girl offering me a handkerchief. "Dinner's ready. Want to come?" she asks innocently.

Confused, I stare at her. "I don't know you," I manage to say.

"My mom told me to bring you over," she explains matter-of-factly, then grabs my hand and leads me to her house.

Her mother welcomes me warmly. "Come inside, I was waiting for you," she says with a smile.

I stand there, bewildered. Why were they waiting for me?

"Eunjoo, sit with him at the dinner table," her mother instructs.

And from that day on, they always invited me for dinner. Gradually, I found comfort in their home. Eunjoo's mom treated me like her own son, and I grew close to them. I eventually confided in her about my family troubles, finding solace in their kindness.

Growing up, Eunjoo and I became each other's safe haven. We spent countless hours together, sharing stories, and finding comfort in each other's presence. She understood my pain and loneliness without us having to say a word. I confided in her about the constant fighting at home, and she silently held my hand, her touch providing more comfort than words ever could.

In the midst of my chaotic family life, Eunjoo's mom had become my second mother, offering a home filled with love and security.

As the years passed, Eunjoo and I continued to grow closer. We'd hang out together, finding joy in the simple activities like playing in the park or watching movies. Eunjoo was the one person I could truly trust, the one who knew every secret and fear I had.

Our friendship became the anchor that kept me grounded during difficult times. Whenever my parents fought, I'd find myself seeking refuge in her company. The sound of her laughter and the warmth of her smile were like a balm for my wounded soul.

But as time went on, our friendship began to evolve. My feelings for her started to change, transforming from that of a friend to something more. I yearned for her presence, the way her laugh sent tingles down my spine. I wanted to hold her, to protect her from the pain of the world.

I tried to hide my growing affection, afraid of ruining the beautiful friendship we had. I didn't want to make things awkward between us. But the more I tried to suppress my feelings, the stronger they seemed to grow.

Every glance in her direction, every touch sent electric currents through my body. I wanted to hold her hand, to brush the stray strands of hair out of her face. But I was trapped in a web of conflicting emotions.

Every night, I'd lie in bed, replaying our moments together in my mind. I'd imagine what it would be like to confess my feelings, to hold her close, and to protect her from everything that hurt her.Yet, the fear of rejection held me back, and the uncertainty of how she might react kept me silent.