17 ~ Tteokbeokki

For the past few previous days, Karina found herself unwilling and reluctant to step out of the opulent abode she lived in. Luckily, Winter slept over all those days making sure her troubled friend was well cared for.

"Did you inform your parents?" Winter asked a Jimin who just came out of the washroom with a towel wrapped around her head. "My Mom was talking to your mother earlier today."

"You think they'll even care. I doubt they will even show up for my funeral." Karina scoffed and rolled her eyes as she began blow drying her hair.

The frequent absence of her parents in the most important moments of her life made Karina develop a bitter feeling towards them. It wasn't hatred for sure, but she loved them so much that the only way she couldn't get hurt is by not caring about them being present anymore. Of course, they would come home. Occasionally. So infrequent that Karina forgot the last time she saw her parents.

"You should come live with us for a while." Winter suggested. "It will be easier to cope."

"Cope what? I'm absolutely fine! And you don't need to stay over tonight. Go back home." Karina spoke nonchalantly.

Now, Karina knew that men would go to great lengths to get her attention and make horrible attempts that too, but this probably ranked first on the list. Heeseung left her with a scar to remember forever. How exactly was it her fault that she didn't like him. It felt unfair and scary.

Winter didn't bother replying. She knew she wasn't going anywhere until her friend was really fine.

Karina was combing her hair infront of the mirror when something in her head twitched, tingling at a memory that she couldn't quite put a finger to. "Hey, is there something special today? Why do I feel like I'm forgetting something." She asked Winter who laid on her stomach, dangling her feet above as she scrolled through her phone.

"Well it's 23rd of April. What's so special about that?" Winter looked from her screen as she replied. "Do you have an assignment due today?"

"Nope. Ugh I don't know." She brushed off the feeling.

The bell rang signalling the arrival of an uninvited guest. Winter and Karina eyed each other as if asking if either of them invited someone over. Winter had a downward turned lips as she shook her head. Then a knock was heard on the room they were in.

"A friend of yours is waiting downstairs, ma'am." The maid informed respectfully, hands joined in front with a professional smile just as she was trained to do.

A friend of mine? Karina wondered to herself. It was probably Ryujin and Yunjin if not Ningning or Giselle.

"I will go see who it is. You change first." Winter volunteered as she pointed at the bathrobe Karina wore. Karina nodded quickly.

Winter jogged down the stairs and was taken aback when the said friends turned out to be two familiar lads she hadn't seen in days.

"Uh-huh." She said sarcastically. "What? Never seen a mansion in your life." She poked fun at Jaemin's amusement.

"No but I could've sworn this house didn't look this big during the party." Jaemin commented with an innocent awe.

Winter and Jeno simply laughed at him.

"Come have a sit. Rina is changing. She'll be down soon." She guided the boys towards the living room and asked them to sit on the couch. "What's that?" Winter pointed at the delivery bag with Jeno's mom's restaurant logo written big and middle. She got a bit excited thinking about the tteokbeoki Ms Kim made.

"Food delivery for two lonely ladies." Jaemin answered. "Two handsome men on the house. You don't have to pay for that, ma'am."

"Here he goes again." Winter shook her head as she took the bag Jeno was handing over to her.