The Market

Prompt: A small run to the market (Louisiana 1931).

Esme changes Geneviève into a little yellow dress with lace around the trim, with yellow shorts underneath to match. She helps her into her small shoes and begins to fix her hair. She puts gel in each curl and sprays it with water. "Go, show Daddy." She grins, watching Geneviève run out with her stuffed rabbit.

Alastor sees Geneviève prancing down the hallway in her little yellow dress, feeling his heart melt with pride and adoration.

He scoops her up and lifts her into his lap, peppering her cheeks with kisses.

"You look absolutely adorable, sugar. Look at you! You're the prettiest little girl in all of New Orleans."

Geneviève giggles and pokes his face with her hands.

Meanwhile, in the bedroom, Esme changes into an emerald green dress with a fitted waistline and a small black hat over her curls. She slips on her heels and walks outside to the living room, fixing her gloves.

As she enters the room, Alastor's eyes widen at the sight of her. The fabric of the dress molds to her figure perfectly, accentuating her curves in all the right places. The hat perched slightly on her head completes the look, making her even more beautiful than usual.

He can't help but stare at her for a few moments, completely speechless. Until,

"...Wow."

Esme looks up from her wrists with a quizzical look, "Hm?" Her large green eyes stared from underneath the hat.

He swallows hard, struggling to pull his gaze away from her. Clearing his throat, he manages to find his voice again, though it comes out a bit huskier than usual.

"You look simply stunning, darlin'. That dress...it's like it was made for you."

Esme smiles sweetly, "Why, thank you~" She lights up, "Oh, and there's a bow in the back." She turns, revealing a large black ribbon tied into a bow on the back of her waist, resting just above her bottom.

Alastor's eyes widen further as she spins. The sight of it, resting just above her bottom, sends his mind into a spiral of dirty thoughts. He has to physically bite his lip to keep himself composed. She looked like a present dying to be unwrapped.

He can't help but let out a low noise of appreciation, his eyes roaming hungrily over her figure.

Geneviève pokes her father's flushed face. Esme laughs, "Is somethin' the matter?" She batts her eyes, knowingly.

His gaze snaps to Geneviève as she pokes his face, momentarily distracted from the sight of Esme in that dress. He forces himself to focus.

"No, nothing's wrong," He breaks into a small smirk, "Just... admiring the view."

"Hmm, is that so?" Esme says in a flirtatious tone, "Well, Mister, go on get dressed. The market awaits."

~ Time Skippy ~

Esme pushes the carriage to the market, pausing at the door waiting for Alastor to open it. He catches up to them, his eyes still locked on the bow on the back of her dress. He quickly moves to push the door open for her, his hand lingering on the handle for a moment longer than necessary. He glances at her and grins, his voice slightly strained.

"After you~"

"Thank you." Esme smiles sweetly, walking inside.

"Look mama!" Geneviève shouts,

"I know lovey, so much food to buy." She continues to push through the produce aisle, looking at the options.

The family slowly begins to shuffle down the section, Esme carefully inspecting all of the options. She perks up at Alastor's voice,