Lu Lu Land

Prompt: How about your OC wins Alastor a stuffed platypus toy from a game at Lulu World Base on this picture. Bonus he gives the platypus the dumbest name you can think of.

Requested by @witch-of-the-writing-deskon tumblr 💙

──── •✧• ────

"Lu Lu World?" Esme asks, her face twisting in confusion as her eyes dart between Charlie and Vaggie. Charlie nods excitedly and claps her hands, "Yes!" She exclaims, "My dad gave us all tickets to go, and do some special bonding!" Esme chuckles and tilts her head to the side, looking at Vaggie, "You too?" She asks, seeing Vaggie smirk and shrug in response.

"This is a fucking waste of time..." Husk groans, pushing himself off the wall and heading towards the bar. Esme nods at his words, knowing full well that taking the entire group to such an extravagant place was most likely not going to be an easy task. "You are going, you all are going." Vaggie says sternly, pointing at all of them. Alastor twirls his cane, barely listening to what the group is discussing. He looks down at his fingers and notices a ragged edge, narrowing his eyes and brushing it against his suit in an attempt to smooth it.

"Now, vamanos!" Vaggie motions them all to the door, but none of them budge. Well, all except Nifty who is already at the exit jumping to reach the doorknob. Vaggie sighs in frustration when they don't move, wielding her spear and using it to guide them to the door.

"Good Lord, are we cattle?!" Esme shouts with her hands up and a roll of her eyes.

~ Time Skippy ~

It had been several decades since Esme had been to an amusement park, but this was much different than what she recalled from her mortal life. The lights were beaming, demanding her attention everywhere she turned, and the noises were so chaotic that it was hard to focus. There were several carnival games lined up for the parkgoers, which caught the attention of Charlie, Angel, and Nifty. Charlie was interested in playing, Angel was interested in making it a competition, and Nifty....well Nifty was running behind the counter and swiping the prizes.

Esme laughs and looks over to Alastor who is just standing there wiping the top of his cane with his sleeve. She leans over, "I don't want to be here any more than you do..." She whispers, causing his sharp smile to drop to a knowing smirk. He turns his face to her, "Is it that obvious?" He hums, causing her to chuckle, "A tad, yes." She links her arm with his as the two walk, several sinners tense up as they mosey on by, "I never get tired of watching them scatter~" Esme says in a low tone. She goes to open her mouth when -

"Es, c'mere!"

Esme's fins perk up at the sound of Angel's voice who is calling her towards a water shooter game. She puts a hand up to Alastor and smiles softly as she unhooks her arm and walks over to him, "Yes, bambino?" He laughs, "I betcha can't beat me at this one." He scoffs playfully with a hand on his hip, leaning to the right. Esme's head turns to the game and studies it carefully. She looks up to see the many prizes available, but none of them catch her interest, "This looks boring...too easy~" She smirks, pivoting to walk away.

"Oh, c'mon!" Angel pouts, grabbing her arm and protesting. "I know you would want one of those little guys!" He motions to the stuffed animals and Esme's eyes look away in an unfazed gesture. She was never one for those little plushies, ever since....ever since her daughter's room laid bare with just them scattered over the floor.

"Some other time..."

"Oh darling, come now..." Alastor pipes in, looking up at all the options, "You could absolutely win this little game. Why not try for that fellow over there?" He points up to a small platypus hanging on the wall. Esme raises an eyebrow and turns to look at him, looking up to see his eyes having budged from it, his ears twitching in curiosity.

My, how gender norms have changed.

"Fine." She sighs, walking with Angel to the little seats. She sits elegantly on the stool with her legs crossed, leaning forward and gripping onto the handles. She feels something drip on her hand, looks down to see red. "Is this blood?" She raises it to her mouth and licks it.

O Positive to be exact.

She laughs and grips onto the handles once more, "Perhaps I do like this game." The buzzer goes off and Esme smirks, looking over to Angel's controller and narrowing her eyes. The Siren's eyes glow brightly as both his and the other sinner's controllers cease their blast of liquid. Angel gasps and squeezes his controller tightly, "What the f-" He realizes and turns to Esme, "Cheater!"

"I have no idea what you're referring to..." She says with a smug chuckle as she keeps her hands steady on the controller, guiding the liquid with her mind to hit the target, making the bullseye rise to the top.

A loud ding goes off and Esme is high-fived by the worker.

"You snake!" Angel pouts.

"I'm not a snake, I'm a siren..." Esme smirks, sticking her tongue out to him. She turns to the worker, "The platypus, please sir." He hands her the stuffed creature and she walks back over to Alastor, seeing his smile stretching a smidge more than usual.

"What a fine choice, my dear!" He beams.

"Here." She smiles sweetly, her eyes sparkling in satisfaction seeing him so enamored by the win.

He clears his throat and straightens up, "It's not mine, dearest..." He nervously adjusts his bowtie, obviously a little embarrassed to want such an adorable thing, but his eyes don't leave it.

"Oooh of course not~" Esme giggles, knowingly, "But my hands are so tired after playing that little game, so why don't you hold it for me, amore?"

He takes it quickly, causing her smile to become a little brighter as the two walk through the park, Angel still complaining to the worker in the background for allowing Esme to cheat.

As they walk, Alastor's eyes stay glued to the platypus. All the while, Esme's eyes stay fixed on his expression. "What should I name him?" She asks, her voice laced with amusement.

"Him?"

"He seems like a dapper fellow, don't you think?"

He smiles. Esme's heart swoons knowing this is a sincere, genuine kind, not part of that phony mockery he has plastered all the time. "Albert?" He asks, "Alvin?"

Esme laughs, "Alright Al, way to stroke your ego."

"An A suits him!" He protests.

Esme smirks playfully. She pauses before, "Little Al..." She says with a chuckle, "Our child if you will, since ours is not here."

His grin closes to a soft closed mouth smile, a twinge of sadness but also affection, "Lovely."

The two keep walking, this time heading to the exit to start on the travel back home, their voices echoing in the distance.

"Hey, he's got your eyes...."

"Esme..."

"Haha, kidding, kidding..."

──── •✧• ────

🖤Words: 1115 🖤

~ Artemis🦌💗