008 ✦ the fight

CHAPTER 8| the fight |

CHAPTER 8
| the fight |

~~~

class 1A gathered in the common area, chatting about random stuff on the couches.

midoriya stood up, checking his phone to see if all might had responded to his message. nothing.
it's been a bit...i wonder if he got my message midoriya pondered until he was cut short of his thoughts by a rough voice.

"you." bakugo barked.

"gah!" midoriya gasped in shock at the sudden voice directed at him.

"meet me out front later." bakugo continued while walking past him.

it felt as if time had slowed down when the next sentence exited his mouth. "we need to have a talk about your quirk."

"um...okay?"

~~~

the two boys walked along a path directed to midoriya didn't know where.

"kacchan? where are we going? we shouldn't be walking around in the middle of the night..." midoriya asked worriedly.

no reply.

"hello?" midoriya questioned again.

no reply.

bakugo was too deep in thought about their childhood to answer.

"you brought us too...ground beta?" midoriya wondered out loud.

"this is place where we had our first combat training. where we fort...and i lost" bakugo told him.

"you've always made me sick. you know that deku?" midoriya looked at his back eyebrows scrunching in at the statement.

somehow...i knew...this was it. midoriya thought.

"you were useless.
no power at all.
a joke."

"so now you're gonna tell me how you managed to get into this school with a brand new quirk that came out of nowhere." bakugos mind flashed to the conversation they had at the beginning of the school year when midoriya admitted his quirk was borrowed.

"i didn't understand what you said back then because what you were saying made no sense...but still you kept climbing higher higher always looking so satisfied with yourself."

bakugo again thought back at the time he was captured "ever since that sludge villain...no it actually started when all might came to town.

better and better...until finally you passed the licensing exam while i failed. how the hell is that even possible?" bakugo question becoming angrier by the minute.

"that wasn't a matter of ability though!" midoriya started reaching out for the blonde but was cut off.

"shut up and listen you damn nerd!" midoriya retracted his arms, gasping at the sudden outburst. "s-sorry" he stuttered out, stepping backwards slightly.

bakugo started to tap his foot as he spoke "it pissed me off that i had been beaten by such a pathetic weakling but after seeing what happened to all might at kamino war...i began to understand."

here it comes. midoriya thought already knowing what bakugo was going to say.

bakugo turned his head, finally making eye contact with the green haired boy. "i've been giving it a lot of thought...you got your quirk from all night didn't you? he gave you his power."

midoriya continued to stare at the blonde, breathing heavily and slightly sweating.

"i heard about the boss villain. apparently he has the ability to steal a persons quirk and give it to somebody else, which sounds kind of crazy but then one of them old cat ladies had their power taken from and can't work anymore.

and then you met all might and you started changing. then he lost his power and had to retire just like her." midoriya began to sweat profusely realising bakugo had figured it out.

"and i remember what he said about the big bad. we all heard it..."

all mights words flashed through midoriyas mind "now it's your turn."

"back then...you were the only one that really understood what he meant. theres more evidence as well, like how those nomu monsters had multiple quirks. even though it seemed impossible.

besides." bakugo paused remembering the scene he witnessed

"you've gotten weaker all might"
"i'll make sure you're locked up for the rest of your life."

"all might and that boss villain knew each other, before that fight. quirks can move from one person to another. all might knew the guy that could do it and some how it's all connected to what you said about getting your quirk from someone else." midoriya stared at bakugo as he went silent for a moment, bakugos crimson eyes stabbing daggers back to him.

"i asked all might about this in a way but he wouldn't give me a straight answer...that why you're gonna tell me the truth." the blonde said stepping forward.

midoriya looked down recalling all mights words

"don't look so sad, he didn't take you seriously so i don't think he'll say anything. this time ill let things slide just make sure this doesn't happen again."

"you're not trying to deny anything, which means i must be right. so say it." bakugo demanded cutting midoriyas thoughts short.

when he said he wanted to talk about my quirk...i knew what was coming. this is the price i pay for not following all mights instructions. midoriya pondered.

"okay...what if it's true?"

~~~