020 ✦ ice cream

CHAPTER 20| ice cream |

CHAPTER 20
| ice cream |

~~~

todoroki sat in his designated seat at the back of class 1A. aizawas words were muffled background noise as he stared at the empty seat near the front of the class. he couldn't stop thinking about the greenette after last night. questions raced through his mind as to why midoriya would do such a thing, but his eyes subtly landed on the blonde in the front row.

todoroki stared daggers into his back, if looks could kill bakugo would be six feet under.

the dual colour haired boy couldn't get midoriya out of his mind. was he okay? what if he tries to hurt himself? oh no maybe i shouldn't have left him alone. todoroki overthought.

midoriya had decided to take the day off, todoroki informing aizawa that he was "ill" so that he could recover from the previous day.

while todoroki sat in class worrying, the green haired boy was curled into a ball still asleep as he was exhausted. he hadn't moved since shoto left.

a pair of red eyes, also couldn't take his eyes off the empty seat. worry also overtaking him.

~~~

midoriya twisted in his sleep, letting out a groan as he heard a knock at his door. he turned over, looking at the time on his digital clock reading 6:45.

shit i can't believe i slept for so long. midoriya thought as a yawn escaped his mouth.

his attention shifted to his door as another knock was heard followed by a voice.

"hey midoriya? it's me, todoroki. can i come in?"

midoriya shouted a small "come in" before the door opened slightly, light flooding into his dim room.

todoroki shuffled in, closing the door gently behind him before turning back to the boy who was still laying in the same position he was when he left him the night prior.

midoriya reached out, turning on his lamp next to his bed so he could see the dual colour eyed boy clearer.

his eyes widened slightly as he saw todoroki stood holding a teddy bear and a tub of ice cream.

todoroki awkwardly chuckled at his reaction, walking towards his bed to sit on the edge while midoriya sat up.

"how are you feeling? i've been so worried about you." todoroki spoke, staring into midoriyas green orbs.

"i-i..." he cut himself off with a sigh.

"i don't know" he answered truthfully looking down while playing with his thumbs.

todorokis eyes softened as he watched the broken boy fidget.

"well i brought you this because i thought it would make you feel better. i always see people eat it in movies when they're sad." todoroki handed the boy a tub of vanilla ice cream and a spoon, giving him a small smile.

midoriya looked up, grabbing the ice cream and taking the lid off. he scooped a big chunk out, placing it in his mouth. he let out a "mmm", his eyes lighting up at the pleasure.

"i also got you this so you don't feel as alone" todoroki said, placing a white teddy bear in front of him.

a grin slipped onto midoriyas face as he looked up at the boy. he lunged forward, engulfing todoroki in a hug before whispering a small "thank you."

todoroki placed a hand on his head and the other on his back while midoriya had his arms wrapped around his waist.

they stayed there for a minute before midoriya pulled away grabbing the ice cream and shovelling it into his mouth again.

todoroki chuckled at the boy before standing up again. "i'll be right back i'm just going to grab something from my room okay?"

midoriya nodded happily, with his mouth filled with the frozen dessert.

as fast as he left he had returned back through the door, holding a laptop.

"wanna watch a movie?"

midoriya excitedly nodded, his eyes lighting up as he shuffled back on the bed to make room for him.

todoroki sat next to him, placing the laptop on the bed in between them before playing a random movie.

midoriya buried himself in todorokis chest while shoto placed an arm around his shoulder, his hand resting on his waist.

the two spent the rest of the night eating ice cream and watching movies until eventually they fell asleep in each others arms.

~~~

guys this is a sorry for the last chapters😓
but prepare for more angst next chapter!!