028 ✦ day three

CHAPTER 28| day three |

CHAPTER 28
| day three |

~~~

due to it being their last day on the trip, aizawa gave the students 5 hours of free time before they left. they would be getting back to the dorms till around midnight so the students have the day off the next day.

the group decided they would all go to a lake that kirishima and kaminari found nearby.

the class gathered all there necessities and then followed the two boys to their destination.

after half an hour of walking through the woods, the sound of a waterfall came into hearing as a couple of the girls rushed ahead. there was an opening which led to a small clear lake next to a cliff that had a beautiful waterfall splashing down into it. the girls awed as they quickly placed their things down.

kirishima, kaminari and sero ripped their shirts off and canon balled straight into the lake, splashing a uraraka, jiro and hagakure who squealed before undressing themselves and jumping in after.

yaoyorozu and tokoyami placed down a picnic blanket, deciding they would read in the shade, koda asking to join them as he didn't want to get wet.

sato, ojiro and shoji stripped down to their swimming shorts, jumping into the lake and enjoying each others presence.

tsuyu had hopped up to the top of the cliff, looking down before jumping off and into the water.

jiro and hagakure were floating around before they felt themselves being lifted up on top someone else's shoulders. kaminari holding jiro up while kirishima held hagakure up.

"CHICKEN FIGHT" the two boys shouted before launching the girls into a wrestling match, then screaming and giggling in response.

mina laid by herself, sunbathing while bakugo posed on a rock.

todoroki decided to float on his back around the water, seemingly looking at peace but his mind was far from it.

iida and midoriya slowly crept up behind uraraka, who had just pulled herself out of the water and was drying her hard with a towel, before pushing her in earning a loud scream from the girl.

"IIDA, DEKU WHAT WAS THAT FOR!?" she whined, reaching her hand up so iida could help her out.

he chuckled, grabbing her hand but let out a 'agh' before being pulled down into the water with her. uraraka let out a large laugh before she felt him tackle her. they messed around in the water before stopping, them realising how close they were. uraraka slightly leaned in before they were interrupted by a giant splash. midoriya had jumped in next to them.

"NO PDA HERE GUYS! KEEP IT IN YOUR PANTS BUDDY" he shouted while laughing earning a slap around the head from the girl.

the next couple hours carried on the same plus a giant game of chicken and a water volleyball match.

~~~

their trip had sadly came to a close as the class gathered onto the bus, sitting in the same seats as on the way there. meaning midoriya was sat next to todoroki.

as awkward as it was, todoroki was happy that he got to be in his company for a bit before midoriya started completely avoiding him.

~~~

4 hours went by and still, neither of the two boys had uttered a word to each other.

todoroki opened a bag of chips he still had left from the trip there. hesitantly he held the bag in front of midoriya, silently asking if he wanted one which earned him a nod.

"are you sure? your stomach keeps growling." todoroki stated blankly making the greenette sigh, caving in.

he grabbed a hand full of chips, feeding his starving body. silence took over the two but this time, it was a little more bearable.

"u-um t-todoroki?" midoriya asked, looking towards the dual colour haired boy.

todoroki raised an eyebrow, signalling for him to carry on.

"i-i just wanted to say i'm sorry for the other day...and last night." he awkwardly chucked while rubbing the back of his neck.

"midoriya don't apologise, it isn't your fault. it's mine. i shouldn't have been so pushy about the bakugo thing, it wasn't my place. and about last night...w-well" todoroki turned to look out the window next to him, trying to find the right words to form an explanation as to why he was grappling with bakugo — once again — last night.

"you don't have to explain yourself todoroki. i was being dramatic and self centred. i didn't even think about how what i said would hurt you guys...a-and about bakugo...honestly i don't know what's happening with him. but what i do know, is that you're my best friend todoroki and i shouldn't have put him over you. i'm sorry." midoriya slightly rambled, playing with his hands.

"it's okay izuku." todoroki reassured, pulling the greenette into a hug. "we okay?"

"we are perfect." midoriya responded, a large grin spreading across his face as he ended up falling asleep in half and half's arms.

~~~

i absolutely adore this chapter, it's lowkey a make up for the last one so enjoy it while it lasts!