𝟎𝟔. ❛ IT ISN'T WORTH THE RISK ❜

SOTT ████ BOOK ONE
━━━ ❛ it isn't worth the risk

SOTT ████ BOOK ONE━━━ ❛ it isn't worth the risk ❜

chapter no. 006!
January 5, 2018

     FOR ADULTS WORK WAS A HUSTLE, AND FOR CHILDREN SCHOOL WAS  A PRISON. Though the two subjects were comparable to one another, any person of either side would say it was completely different and couldn't be even slightly comparable. The hustle and bustle of two different age groups didn't stop any teen though.

     Nobody in the Zavala household would admit that school or work wasn't a way of being in their personal bubbles. In fact, they would deny that subject and simply stick to their own works. Chaselyn Zavala was a one of a kind female, who was soon duplicated two other times in the spam of three years. Both smaller versions of the woman being just as stubborn and smart as the original brunette.

Nowadays David couldn't go about saying a word to Yasmin before she burst out in distress and Judia trailing after her older sister. "What am I going to do, Chaselyn? She avoids me at all costs, and I can't stand it because one day she's going to leave me for some boy who breaks her heart!"

     "David, calm yourself," the love of his life sighed. The adults sat in the kitchen with one making dinner and the other barely arriving home. Chaselyn placed the sliced onion into a container as the beef for the tacos sizzled. She turned around in a sudden spin, "You've barely been around and were gone most of her childhood. It's obvious she's going to grow a resentment towards you because you cancel each plan with her every last second."

     "Well it isn't worth risking their lives. So if they have to hate me to be kept safe then so be it," David grumbled. "Bring it to Fury on keeping me on less important matters instead of having to save Tony anytime he slips up."

     "You don't mean that and you know it," She chastised. Chaselyn smacked her husband's head and returned to the pan. "Now, I heard from Nick that there's an open house for recruits at S.H.I.E.L.D?" Even if the female wasn't apart of the program anymore, she still felt like she should be involved in the events, just to make sure everything was well.

     "I didn't want to say anything," David bit his lip in return and sighed. He handed the white sheet to Chaselyn and continued, "Nick is wanting Yasmin to try out... I don't think she should, but it could benefit her fighting abilities. Keeping her in a safe environment is nice, but we could always give her some training."

"I agree, it's something I've been thinking of.. especially with the robberies close by, and that vigilante Spiderman," Chaselyn noted. David frowned but stood there as Chaselyn signed the paper for Yasmin's school. "I'll make sure Yasmin gets this to the office tomorrow."

     "Right, right."