𝟎𝟕. ❛ BULLSHIT ISN'T IT ❜

SOTT ████ BOOK ONE
━━━ ❛ bullshit isn't it

SOTT ████ BOOK ONE━━━ ❛ bullshit isn't it ❜

chapter no. 007!
January 10, 2018

     THE COLD AIR HIT YASMIN QUICKLY. She shivered under the breeze and quickly walked forward. Behind her trailed her dad David.

     "Yasmin! Slowdown, there's no rush to being here," he scolded with a frown. Yasmin nodded and slowed down her walking. Soon David caught up to her.

"Dad, why are we here?" Yasmin questioned. She enjoyed being able to skip school, obviously, but she didn't know why she was brought to the warehouse building.

"Well, Yasmin, you could always be more prepared. With all the thugs around and, yknow, aliens. I think it'd be nice for you to have a sense of protection," he concluded the reasoning. In front of the duo was glass sliding doors where many people entered.

Yasmin nodded as the father pulled her into the crowd. His grip wad tight as she was led through. Many of the adults there, Yasmin noticed, had ignored her presence or gave her questioning stares.

     Her father led her up stairs and into an elevator where rock music played softly. Yasmin shuffled her feet in response as they waiting, singing along to verses she understood. David smiled at her and placed a hand on her shoulder. He led her to a gym room with weights and mats, all the needs for a gym room.

     "I see you made it, David. I'm glad," a dark man smiled. It looked natural on him, Yasmin noted, but judging by line marks he doesn't do it often. "I'm Nick Fury, miss Zavala, I'll be assessing you."

"Yasmin," She said abruptly as he shook her stiffened hand. Nick rose an eyebrow in question, "my name.. I don't usually respond to Miss Zavala, so... my name is Yasmin."

"I'll leave you to it," David sighed. He gave Yasmin a kiss to the head and left to wherever he was needed, Yasmin supposes.

"Now that he's gone, we can finally talk," Nick sighed. He clapped his hands and the lights flickered off. "Yasmin Zavala, you are a technological revolution , aren't you.."

"I don't.. I don't understand," the brunette gulped. That's a lie, she knew exactly what this was about. She saw the name of the company at the front desk, on every name tag, and even the windows. S.H.I.E.L.D. It didn't take a genius to figure out they caught her actions. She turned in a circle as Nick Fury circled her. Yasmin frowned in confusion, "What's this about?"

"You, my dear friend, are not here for training," he sighed in content, "I want answers. Just because my agent is your father does not mean I have any restrictions from harming you. But I won't, because I believe you have an idea of what is going on. And you will answer me. On why you hacked into my files."

     "Well, shit," Yasmin mumbled. She didn't have a chance at running for it, even if she'd been in  gymnastics and acrobatics as a kid. "Fine, fine. It... it gets boring at home."

     By now Nick was seated, on a wooden chair whereas Yasmin was standing. Her back ached tiredly as she continued, "I like to challenge my abilities with computers and coding..and I swear to god, cross my heard and hope to die, I didn't know that that Avengers file was...was a secret. I didn't realize it until like— a few days ago. And I haven't looked.. too into it. I swear."

     "Mhm...see," Nick frowned, "now I need to keep you safe so nobody catches you and makes you talk. Not that you would, but I don't take chances."