10. Beomgyu/Yeonjun

Beomgyu

"Have you found out anything?" Beomgyu whispered. "About Quanrui?"

"Not yet," Jaemin whispered back. "Sorry!"

Crap.

Beomgyu sat beside Jaemin in the home economics class—which wasn't about economics at all, by the way, but rather about how to best clean, shop, cook, and mend socks and stuff of that sort. Beomgyu normally found this class relaxing but he hadn't been able to sleep despite his exhaustion, ever since Quanrui had told him that Yeonjun was his sponsor now.

Why would Yeonjun do that to him? Especially now, when...

No, he wasn't going to think about it. Nope. Not going there.

It was hard not to, though, when his belly was so round under his tunic. Was it supposed to get so big so fast? He wished there was someone he could talk to about this...

His sewing skills had come in handy when he'd had to widen it and add more fabric so it could still fit him. This wasn't a good sign. Not at all. Although he loved the idea of having Yeonjun's babies—that bastard—and couldn't wait to hold them... He was in this alone.

And when the academy found out...

His eyes felt hot. There was a knot in his throat. It was as much fear as sorrow. He hadn't even had the chance to buy a pregnancy test. But with all the symptoms, was it really necessary at this point?

What was he going to do?

"Beomgyu?" Jaemin gave him a searching look. "You okay? Did you hear what I said?"

"What?" He breathed out, swallowing back the tears. "What is it?"

"I said I'll find out what Quanrui did. I'm sure he did something bad."

"Like what? Force Yeonjun to be with him?" Beomgyu laughed without mirth. "I don't think so."

"Whatever it was, we'll find out the truth."

The teacher stopped in the middle of what he was saying—Beomgyu couldn't for the life of him recall what it was—and put his hands on his hips. "Beomgyu and Jaemin. Anything you want to share with the class?"

Jaemin sighed. "No, sir."

The teacher glared at them for good measure, and they fell quiet for a while as he went back to explaining the lesson.

Yawn.

"Maybe Quanrui is blackmailing Yeonjun," Jaemin whispered when the teacher turned to face the whiteboard. "You never know!"

"Nobody can force an alpha to do anything he doesn't want," Beomgyu said miserably. "If Yeonjun wants Quanrui, then there's nothing I can do. He's everything I'm not."

"And you're everything he's not," Jaemin argued.

Which was a ridiculous argument, in Beomgyu's opinion. "Have you seen him and have you seen me?"

"I've seen you," Jaemin said, his voice quiet. "You have the prettiest eyes I've ever come across, and your hair is like black silk. Your smile is so sweet, and your cheeks go all rosy. You're amazingly pretty, Beomgyu, believe me."

Beomgyu shook his head, heat rising to his face. "No way."

"And you're a Blossom Boy. Seduction is your game. We'll arrange for you to meet him, and you can seduce him again."

Beomgyu seriously wanted to cry. Of course, Jaemin didn't know about the pregnancy. And besides, if Beomgyu had to seduce Yeonjun, he was done for. He hadn't done it the first time, why would it work now? And worse still, if he had to seduce Yeonjun, it meant that the alpha had never felt anything for him.