11. Beomgyu/Yeonjun

Beomgyu

Beomgyu found Gunwook sitting on a bench in front of the dormitories. He looked flushed and tired, his auburn hair coming loose from its bun at the back of his neck, tendrils sticking to his face and neck. Maybe he'd had PE before, or sex education. They weren't always in the same class.

"Hey." Beomgyu sat down beside him, careful not to place his hands on his belly, as he felt more and more the urge to do. Instead, he let his hands rest on the bench by his sides. "How are things?"

Gunwook shrugged, shoulders slumped. "I'll never get the hang of blowjobs like you do."

Oh crap. Beomgyu blushed hotly. Only in Lotus Academy you got to have this sort of conversations. "Don't say that. It's all a matter of practice."

"And what practice did you get that's more than mine?" Gunwook asked, huffing.

It was obviously a rhetorical question, with no answer expectations.

Thank God.

"I was just checking on you," Beomgyu said.

Gunwook flicked him a sideways glance and smiled. "I'm good. Sorry, I'm out of energy. I don't know how others do it."

"Neither do I," Beomgyu said honestly, but then again, he had an extra reason to be exhausted himself. "Gunwook... you'll do great. I know it."

It was goodbye. He didn't want to say it outright. Didn't want Gunwook to have any knowledge of anything that might get him into trouble but he had to see him before leaving.

Because Beomgyu was leaving. Leaving the academy, his friends, the only world he'd know in six years. His only chance at a better life.

Especially now. An unmated, pregnant omega. How was he going to make it?

Others have it worse, he told himself. Just keep your head up and keep going. Keep pushing. Don't let the panic get to you.

Eventually, he couldn't sit there any longer or he'd start bawling. He hurriedly took his leave and headed into the dormitories.

He'd wanted to say goodbye to Jaemin as well but his blond friend was nowhere to be found. He'd banged on his room door, searched the cafeteria and the yard, everywhere where he thought Jaemin might be, but couldn't find him. Beomgyu couldn't risk leaving him a written message, either. Once his escape was discovered, he didn't want his friends involved and punished. Nothing could point to them.

This was Beomgyu's decision and his responsibility alone.

*****

Sitting on his bed, his duffel bag open in front of him, Beomgyu fingered the lacy underwear Yeonjun had gifted him, his eyes feeling hot, his throat too tight.

Why was he still so torn up over this? Over Yeonjun? It was time to accept it. He had accepted it, hadn't he?

He placed the scrap of lace carefully inside his duffel bag—then on a whim took it out again and stuffed it inside his pocket.

Yeonjun...

Beomgyu placed both hands on his rounded belly and closed his eyes. Yeah, he had to go. His belly seemed to be swelling by the day now, even his adjusted tunics growing too tight. He pushed his hands underneath and rubbed at the taught skin.

He bit the inside of his cheek not to cry. He shouldn't cry, God...

Why, Yeonjun? Why?