Chapter 12- Who is it

"Ohh... yo I think there's something that we are not able to understand at the moment." Uday spoke

"It would have just been a dream of yours, our brain is capable of connecting random things which never makes sense most of the times, you chill bro" Shane advised

"Might be, but I don't know what's happening and also I am also not able to stop thinking about it. It's been in my mind from the moment I woke up... and I feel a bit off... like what is happening?" Advait said.

"Yea bro... Like, Why all of a sudden?" Uday said "Dreams always have meaning!"

"Yo my dreams would be always without physics ... or I'd be on the moon looking for water. Now tell me... Do dreams really have a meaning?" Shane added.

"If your dreams are like that, then just replace your brain" Uday said when Shane was trying to look at a girl who was passing by.

"I don't know man... Let's see...." Advait said and they all headed back home.

Shivani was writing something in her journal which was a combination of vintage and antique. She made the papers by drenching them in water mixed with coffee. Her mind started wondering about what had happened in the library with Advait as she was writing about her normal life. Her heart was acting up. She couldn't stop smiling but that one thought in her mind made her smile disappear in seconds. Responsibilities. "I should have made money by now and my parents are getting old. I don't know shit about the Stock market and Trading... how will I even make it?, I need to think about new products but my mind is getting distracted, What do I do... how do I manage all this, I really need a mentor who can guide me but where will I find... in order to learn something from people even I should be profitable and have something that they don't have to give it to them in return. Gotta trade knowledge but What do I do when I lack so much...College is fun but... Oh god, I feel so helpless" She thought with disappointment appearing on her face, she frowned as she closed her journal and opened her laptop to learn excel.

Meanwhile Advait there, came home with his dad after attending his meeting assigned with his dad's investors. He is a responsible son who was entrusted with their company's decisions. He showered and came to his room rubbing his wet hair with a towel. He sat on his chair and took that pendant he had kept on his table and was looking at it with pitiful eyes.

Just then, He got a notification on his phone.

"_Shane03_ sent a reel"

Advait opened the reel which was about a guy dancing with a blurry faced girl and had a caption saying

'POV- me and that one blurry faced girl in my dreams'

"Is insta stalking me by any chance?" he thought and opened the comment section.

"She doesn't have a blurry face, it's just us who forget her face. We would have seen her, felt her, would have tried hard to remember her appearance but we always forget the moment we wake up" A user had commented.

"Right... he's right... It's me who keeps forgetting her face but she comes to me the way she is. Why was she wearing my pendant, what is the connection between her and this?..." he thought.

"Are you wondering about that faceless girl?" Shane sent a text.

"Umm... yea maum" Advait replied

"Okay let's say you remember her face and she appears in front of you, What about Shivani then?" Shane asked.

Advait tensed up when he saw this text and couldn't answer immediately, he was confused... He started doubting himself... the feeling he has for Shivani and the sudden appearance of this faceless girl, made his mind have second thoughts.

"Who would you choose? Girl with that pendant or Shivani?" Shane asked.

"I don't know bro... I am confused, What is happening to me..?" Advait said.

"Yov Mama are you a two-timer?😂" Shane asked.

"HUH!!?? Hyy Ungomma(son of a bxtch) shut up ra!!...I think.... The girl with the pendant." Advait replied.

"Forget about Shivani then" Shane said. "See Shivani is a kind girl and you were simping over her, now You are wondering about the girl in your dream, which is not right. Think about it!"

"You are right maum, I'll do something about it." Advait replied firmly.

"Good Night then" Shane said. "Why is he giving so much importance to that random pendant he found near a corridor...?" he thought.

Advait wore his pendant back, he fell asleep while listening to songs from a movie, 'KAAVALAN'.

(Author note- preferable for those who understand tamil to listen to 'Yaaradu' song while reading from here)

Just as when 'Yaaradu' (Who is it) song started playing, the faceless girl appeared in his dream again wearing a white well stitched frock. He could feel tears flowing from his eyes though he was in his deep sleep.

She was standing at a distance waiting for him... the atmosphere in the dream was foggy in a dense green area, he could hear some birds chirping at a distance. He was running towards her to know who it was... Who was her, the pendant ... everything.

Now the lyrics hit

'Nerungamal neringi vandhadhu vilagamal vilagi nirpadhu, vidaiyaaga kelvi thandhadhu, thelivaga kulamba nenaipadhu'

(Who is that who came closer to me by still staying at a distance, Standing far from me while still not being far...Making me question this without a break, making me get confused without a clarity)     while reaching towards her.

He stood in front of her looking at her face trying to remember every curve while tearing up just as when the lyrics hit with

"Irundhalum illamal aval kalagam seigiral"

(She who exists but still doesn't exist keeps messing with my heart)

She removed the pendant and gently took his hand. She placed it on his hand and said "It's time for you to find me" with a soft voice while she gently caressed his hand, looking at his eyes.

"Irundhalum illa avalai idhayam thedudhey."

(My heart searches for her who exists but still doesn't)