Chapter 10- The Door

"I can't let myself be taken over like this, how can I visibly be smiling looking at someone who I saw just a few months ago. Control your emotions Shivani, remember what these XY chromosomes have done to you" Shivani snapped herself out and slapped herself slowly staring at a blank wall as she was sitting on her chair.

Shivani's neighbour- a small girl of about 9 years entered her room, peeking, and called out her name.

"Hey Thara! Come!" Shivani welcomed her.
Thara entered and sat on her usual chair where she used to sit whenever Shivani and her made some crafts together and spoke about little things whichever interested them.

"What are we gonna do today?" Thara asked.

"Um... A bookmark?" Shivani suggested with an excitement.

"That's cool!" Thara's eyes sparkled in happiness.

While Shivani was taking out her materials that could be used to make a bookmark, which included paint, mouldit, a butterpaper and etc...
Thara's curiosity had taken over her, which made her decide to finally ask about something which was bothering her for quite a long time.

"What's inside that Door?" Thara asked Shivani pointing at a door which was in Shivani's room, nervously as she knew that no one has seen what's inside it, not even her Parents; And that Shivani had always locked it.

"Oh, it's just a store room" Shivani replied firmly.

"Can you let me see what's inside it?"

"I haven't let anyone inside it, now that I have lost it's key... Don't bother about it, the room must be completely messy and covered with dust. Might have some insects too" Shivani replied to Thara with a warm smile placing her hand on her head.

Meanwhile Advait in his room was watching the video of Shivani smiling while looking at Advait's performance on loop, kicking the air.
Man couldn't control his emotions but just kept blushing and giggling thinking about her like a mad man. "Oh goddd!!" He thought.

~Next morning~

End of their semester was almost near and students were expected to submit their assignments as their exams were coming up. The seating arrangements for the exams was also announced by the University's Management on the notice board near each department's block.

Just as when Shivani came near the bulletin board to look at the seating arrangements and the date of submission for assignments, Advait and the other two came and stood behind her, but could not notice her presence as she was genuinely short. Shivani identified them just by hearing their voices which made their presence really obvious, making her turn back and stare at them in confusion, thinking if they really didn't notice her presence or just ignoring her.

"What are you guys doing here?" Shivani asked them.

"A-yo, who's this!!" Shane questioned aloud, which made Advait and Uday look down to the question and wondered who that person was.
Shivani was right infront of Advait, really close to him. When he realised that Shivani was actually that close to him, his heart dropped to his stomach for a minute. He couldn't notice her as the board was crowded with many students around it. His face turned red and he instantly left the place, breathing heavily.
Shane and Uday couldn't stop laughing when they realised how short Shivani was, and couldn't ignore the fact that how tiny she looked when she was in front of Advait.

"Why dood you so tiny?" Shane asked giggling.

"If we want, we can actually kidnap you at this rate. Maame she must be really easy to be carried no da!!?" Uday commented.

"Neenga apdiye Eiffel tower oh?" (Ok so now you guys think you are equal to Eiffel tower isn't it?) Shivani asked.

"Atleast we are taller than you, now don't make us fold you like a portable chair and carry you around" Uday laughed hard.

Advait kept thinking about what just happened and was still breathing hard. Shane and Uday came and patted his back. Shivani also joined them to see if everything was okay.

"When's your last date of submitting assignments?" Shivani asked Shane and Uday.

"29th" they replied.

"Oh I wanted some help with my assignments and I thought you guys might have an idea about it. About imports and exports and their fundamentals relating to those. Heard that the second years know that topic in detail." Shivani said.

"Yea yea we know, we can help you out.! Make sure you come to the backside of our canteen during the break or maybe after the classes" Uday replied.

~Break time~

By the time the trio arrived, Shivani was already at the spot waiting for them to come.
They all sat together and started discussing their topics. Advait started teaching the topic indirectly pretending as if he was teaching Uday and Shane, and made sure that she understood the concept well. He wanted to help her, in every possible way.
Shivani nodded and said thank you indirectly. Advait stood and smiled in happiness, and walked to the canteen to get something to eat.

Just as when Advait went to the canteen, Shivani knew that it was the right moment to use and started asking things to Shane and Uday that were bothering her, and wanted to know everything.

"Is that a pendant he is wearing? How much is it?" She asked, knowing that asking about it's price would be better than asking about how he got it which may lead to a confusion in between them.

"Why!?" Shane questioned.

"I liked it, it looks attractive and unique."

"Oh, he didn't buy it... It was fallen on the floor of the corridor. He picked it up when he saw it and started wearing it from then on. He loves it very much" Uday answered.