98

Chapter 98 Chen Xiaowei and Su Lan met for the first time

After returning to the army, they returned the car and went home to rest.

The next day, Tong Shiyu found Commander Ma and told him that he would start his vacation next month because Ma Siqing was very likely pregnant with triplets or quadruplets, at least two.

Commander Ma was shocked at first. In this era, twins were rare, let alone triplets and quadruplets.

Then he came to his senses and asked Tong Shiyu to ask if he needed help from the army.

Tong Shiyu could borrow the army's car at any time, and he would send someone to take Ma Siqing to the hospital when the time came.

After thanking Commander Ma, Tong Shiyu went to the barracks.

He took the lead in an hour of training and watched the soldiers who were about to become veterans train.

Tong Shiyu returned home in the evening, and Ma Siqing was sewing clothes for the children at home.

Now she was becoming increasingly difficult to move, and Tong Shiyu was the one tending the vegetable garden.

Ma Siqing asked Tong Shiyu to plant radishes and cabbages in the garden.

When winter comes, they can be pulled up and stored in the cellar. The radishes and cabbages planted in three vegetable gardens can be eaten for almost half a winter.

Chen Xiaowei applied for a family visit leave and came to say goodbye to Ma Siqing.

Ma Siqing took out three sets of cotton coats and trousers from her bag and asked Chen Xiaowei to help pass them to Sulan. These were clothes for Xiaojun, Xiaohai, and Xiaomei.

In addition, he asked Chen Xiaowei to bring thirty yuan to Sulan, saying that it was a gift to Uncle Wu.

He told Chen Xiaowei not to tell Sulan that she was pregnant with twins, so as not to make her worry and unable to work properly.

After saying a lot of things that needed attention, Chen Xiaowei wrote them down one by one, and then left Anling and returned to Danjiang.

Chen Xiaowei was eager to return home.

The weather in September was just right, and the road was smooth.

It only took two and a half days for Chen Xiaowei to return to Danjiang.

After leaving the luggage at home, Chen Xiaowei went to Danjiang County to find Sulan without stopping.

Not knowing whether Sulan was working the day shift or the night shift, Chen Xiaowei knocked on Sulan's door at seven in the morning.

Just after knocking three times, a very pleasant female voice came from behind:

"Comrade, who are you looking for?"

Chen Xiaowei turned around, and Sulan looked at Chen Xiaowei and felt familiar, but was not sure if it was that person.

Chen Xiaowei recognized Sulan at first sight.

They walked up to Sulan and saluted.

"Chen Xiaowei, deputy political commissar of the 118th Regiment of the 39th Army, has met Comrade Sulan."

Sulan laughed.

"Don't be so formal, it's scary!"

Sulan parked her bike and greeted Chen Xiaowei:

"Comrade Chen Xiaowei, I'm Wu Sulan, nice to meet you!"

Sulan stretched out her hand to shake hands with Chen Xiaowei.