137

Chapter 137 The first time the whole family had a New Year's Eve dinner together

Ma Siqing put all the dishes on the table, set up a small stove, and started a hot pot.

Ma Shuhua saw that they were eating hot pot in the Northeast. When she came here before, they always had a big pot of stew. She couldn't help wondering if Ma Siqing made it specially for her.

But even if it wasn't made specially for her, she was happy, at least she could eat the food made by Ma Siqing herself.

Then Ma Siqing used a larger bowl to put a large bowl of dumplings, a bowl of braised pork, a fish, and a plate of pot-wrapped meat to Sulan's house.

She also packed some New Year's Eve dinner for Zhong Guofan and asked Tong Shiyu to take it over.

"Sulan, I just made these. I brought them here for you to try."

Xiaojun, Xiaohai, and Xiaomei greeted Ma Siqing warmly when they saw her.

It was great that Sulan's family was together for the New Year.

After the New Year, life will be better and the future will be sweet.

Sulan also asked Ma Siqing to bring back some dishes, which were the braised pig's trotters made by Xiaojun.

After Ma Siqing brought back the dishes, Tong Shiyu also came back.

Zhong Guofan packed a lot of candies for Tong Shiyu, all of which were the favorites of the baby.

Ma Siqing felt sweet in her heart. Everyone cared about each other, and it was a good feeling.

After returning home, Ma Siqing also brought the vegetables for the hot pot to the main house.

Ma Siqing prepared vegetables for the hot pot, including radish, potato, spinach, cabbage, and frozen tofu.

The three kids stared at the hot pot with their eyes wide open when they saw the new stuff.

"Mom, how do you use this?"

"Mom, what is this dish called?"

"Mom, you made a very different New Year's Eve dinner this year."

Then they all said in unison: "Thank you for your hard work, the food is so delicious!"

Ma Siqing received the praise from the children and kissed the three of them on the cheek with a smile.

Then, with Ma Siqing's words: "Let's eat!"

The New Year's Eve dinner officially started.

Cheng Yuqing took care of Dashuang, Cheng Sihua took care of Xiaoshuang, and Ma Shuhua helped Guoguo pick up vegetables.

Ma Siqing looked at Tong Shiyu.

Today, the two of them temporarily stepped down from their posts, leaving the three of them busy.

The pork soup on the stove was boiling, and the house was filled with the aroma of roasting meat, vegetables, dumplings, and fish.

Ma Siqing put the beef slices on the hot pot and told everyone to count in their hearts for about ten times, and the beef would be ready to eat.

Others did not believe it, only Tong Shiyu, who believed whatever his wife said.

Ten seconds later, Ma Siqing and Tong Shiyu picked up the beef slices and ate them heartily, while the other three were still watching them eat.

Cheng Sihua: "Brother-in-law, is the meat cooked?"

Tong Shiyu looked like he was enjoying the delicious food: "Brother-in-law, in this family, you'll be right to listen to your sister. If you don't eat it, Siqing and I will eat it all!"