𝟣𝟧

The world around Monoma was impossibly loud yet dead silent at the same time, creating a deafening mix of noise and a lack thereof at the same time.

As he walked out onto the field, Present Mic's voice sounding distant and muffled, all he could think about was the *in your opinion* poor words of encouragement he'd been given.

Do your best

That could've meant a lot of things. You might've found the situation just as hopeless as Monoma did, or maybe you had more confidence in him than he had in himself. Whatever you meant, Monoma couldn't wrap his head around it, but the nerves were gone.

Damn, your encouragement was pretty damn good, because somehow 1-A's dual haired hot shot was somehow looking way more tense than Monoma. In fact, he was looking mad scary after that little run in with his father in the halls.

"If you'd used your left side, you would've had an overwhelming victory in the first two rounds. Enough of your childish behavior - as my greatest masterpiece, you have a duty to surpass All Might."

"Even if refusing to use your left side has worked for you in the past, you'll eventually find that only using a fraction of your power has its limits."

Todoroki was adamant on refraining from using his father's quirk, no matter what. Even if his trash old man had a point, the boy was determined to prove that he had absolutely no need to use his flames.

"EEEK! Look at his face!" Yanagi squealed from where she sat beside you in 1-B's spectator section, grabbing onto your arm with wide eyes, "That Todoroki kid looks like he wants to rip Monoma in two! 1-A is so scary! He's gonna die!"

"Easy, Spooks, Monoma won't die." you hummed with an unbothered look, 'I sure 🚚ing hope he won't.'

Rin chuckled from where he was sitting behind you, Awase and Kaibara chilling in the seats next to him, "Nobody is going to die, Yanagi. Cementoss will step in before things get too rough, remember?"

'Yeah, what Rin said.'

"AND NOW, IT'S TIME FOR OUR NEXT MATCH! HE HASN'T DONE MUCH TO STAND OUT SO FAR, BUT NOW'S HIS TIME TO SHINE! FROM CLASS 1-B, WE HAVE MONOMA NEITO! VERSUS, A CONSISTENTLY HIGH-PERFORMING COMPETITOR IN THE EARLY PARTS OF THE TOURNAMENT WHO'S WAY TOO STRONG FOR HIS OWN GOOD — SOMEONE WHO MADE HIS WAY INTO THE HERO COURSE THROUGH RECOMMENDATIONS — IT'S TODOROKI SHOTO!!!"

"Mm, the bias is clear here," Monoma remarked, "But it's no surprise, considering how 1-A has managed to steal the spotlight so early in the year. I won't even last a minute, now will I?"

Todoroki didn't say anything with that scary 🍑 look on his face while Monoma seemed as calm as ever. You, on the other hand... you were fearing for your classmate's life.

Sure, it wasn't the best thing in the world for you to have so little faith in him, but listen. You're someone with the ability to copy other powers, right?

What the hell do you do in a situation where trying to get close enough to even TRY to copy a power would either end up with you being frozen alive or turned into a human torch???

'Please don't die, Monoma...' you thought with an anxious look, bouncing your leg frantically.

"Are ya readyyy?!" Present Mic exclaimed, "Begin!"

"Sorry about this," Todoroki wasted no time, frost gathering on the right side of his body as a wave of ice suddenly burst forth. Monoma barely had time before a mountain of ice closed in on him and completely overtook his side of the arena.

The ice reached higher and higher into the sky until it was peeking over the top of the stadium and looming over yourself and the other students in the stands.