Chapter 8

Mike's POV

I wake up to find everyone else still asleep. I lay next to Will, and listen to his breathing. I'm sure why, but something about it is oddly comforting.

I really don't want to admit it, but I felt some strange wave of happiness when Will told me he was gay.

I don't I have feelings for him, and I'm not gay. That's what I keep telling myself at least, but I can't help but feel like I might be lying to myself.

Why do I always get butterflies in my stomach when I'm around him? And why did I have a sex dream about him? Not only that, but why did I feel more in a 30 second dream than I did in a 3 year relationship with El?

What the fuck?

There's no point in trying to convince myself otherwise anymore. I'm in love with William Byers.

I stand no chance anyways, because he's way out of my league, and he said he doesn't like anybody. Even if he did, he wouldn't like me. There are a million better guys that he could like.

His beautiful hazel eyes slowly flutter open, and I immediately look away from him. I'm praying he didn't catch me staring at him.

"Mike?" He groggily whispers, "You awake?"

"Oh, um, yeah I'm up," I reply.

"Should we wake the others?" He asks.

"They're gonna murder us! It's barely 5 in the morning!" I exclaim in a whisper.

"That's why it would be fun!" Will says, grinning.

I sigh, and slowly get off the couch. Will and I start shaking Dustin awake, knowing that waking Lucas up will be a three person job.

"Huh? Why are you waking me up? Is someone dying?" Dustin mumbles and rubs his eyes.

"No, just time for you to get up," Will tells him.

"Fuck you both," he mutters, "but fine. Only because you just moved back." He reluctantly stands up, and yawns.

"Lucas, wake the fuck up!" Dustin yells, and Will starts shaking him.

Lucas groans, but doesn't open his eyes.

"Don't make this harder than it needs to be!" I say, and push him off the couch.

"What the hell, man?" He yells, and then closes his eyes again.

Will and I grab his feet, and start dragging him across the basement carpet, while Dustin follows us, hitting him the face with a pillow.

"What's wrong with you? Are you dead or something?" Dustin screams, still hitting him with the pillow.

"I'm alive!" Lucas yells. "Is it so bad that I just want to sleep?"

We keep dragging him across the floor, making it extremely clear that he's not going back to sleep.

"Ok, fine! I'll wake up, just stop torturing me!" Lucas whines.

We drop him, and everyone heads upstairs.

The lights are still off, and it doesn't appear as though Joyce or El is awake.

"Will, how is El doing?" I ask.

"She's ok I think. Maybe a little upset, she didn't feel like joining us last night." He explains.

As much as I'm glad that we broke up, I hope I can still be friends with her, and I hope she isn't upset about the fact that I was ok with her breaking up with me.