Chapter 4

Mike's POV

"Can you hear me? It's Will, I'm in my new house. Over," I hear coming from my walkie.

I rush over to answer.

"Oh my god! You're here! I'm coming over, what's your new address? Over." I reply.

Will tells me his new address, and I run into the garage and get on my bike.

I arrive at the Byers' new house several minutes later. It is a lot nicer than their old house, and I like how close it is to my place.

I ring the doorbell, and seconds later, it opens. Will immediately pulls me into a warm embrace, and I get some weird feeling in my stomach. Sort of like when you drop on a roller coaster, or like a million little butterflies all flying around. Am I supposed to feel that? I don't think so, but I just brush it off.

Will shows me up to his room, and pulls out what appears to be a painting.

"I made you something," he tells me. "It's not very good, but—"

"Will, don't say that, all of your artwork is amazing," I cut him off.

I unroll the painting. It is a picture of 2 little kids on the swings. It looks like us when we were little.

"Is that us?" I ask.

"Yeah, it was the day we met."

I hug him again, and feel that weird feeling again. Why does that keep happening?

"Thanks. I love it," I tell him.

"Oh my god! Mike!" El runs into the room. She hugs me and presses her lips against mine. I reluctantly kiss her back, just to make her happy. I really hope that I don't have to do this all summer.

"Dinner's here, we ordered pizza!" Jonathan says, and walks in. That splits El's and my lips apart. I head downstairs with El following close behind me. Jonathan shuts the door, and the Byers brothers stay in Will's room.

I wonder why. Maybe they're talking about something? I'm sure they'll be down in a few minutes.

"Hey Will!" Joyce greets, and hugs me. "Where's Will and Jonathan?"

I shrug. "I don't know. I bet they'll be down any second now.

I grab 2 slices of pepperoni pizza, and El grabs my hand. I let her hold my hand for a few seconds, and then drop it so I can eat.

About 10 minutes later, Jonathan comes downstairs, followed by Will shortly thereafter. He looks like he's been crying. I wonder what happened up there.

"Hey, Will. You Good?" I ask.

He nods. "Yea, I'm fine."

We finish eating in near silence.

"Alright, my parents are going to want me home. I'll come by tomorrow and help unpack," I say.

I hug Will, and El kisses me.

"Bye! Thanks for stopping by, Mike!" Joyce yells as I hop on my bike and ride home.

Will said he was fine, but I'm not buying it. He looked like he had been crying, and so did Jonathan. I hope he'll tell me tomorrow. But whatever it is, I just hope he's ok.

Do you think Will's going to confess his feelings to Mike? You'll have to keep reading. Thank you!!