Chapter 12: Peanut-butter-flavored-what now?

Amelia Joan

Phirefighter00: who the hell is this doctor in my operating room?

Phirefighter00: are you with another surgeon right now?  jo, you are my anesthesiologist. nobody else's. answer my call now.

I pressed the red button when his Instagram handle popped up on my screen because he was calling me. I declined it again when he dialed one more time. I stared at our conversation and then the three dots appeared from him again.

Phirefighter00: you are not in the surgical unit.

Phirefighter00: I know you are in the hospital. I saw your nurse twin and she wouldn't tell me where you are.

I scoffed. Good luck with getting information from Pau.

Phirefighter00: are you at the nurses' station?

Phirefighter00: this strange doctor just said you gave her the case this morning. seriously?

Phirefighter00: i do not want her. i only want you, amelia. Please.

Napalunok naman ako roon. My heart started palpitating again.

Phirefighter00: where are you please?

Phirefighter00: i'm not doing this without you.

Phirefighter00: please, see me. I'm in OR number 2. I'm NOT scrubbing in until you call me or you come to me since you don't want to tell where you are.

Phirefighter00: please let me see you right now. let me talk to you.

I cussed softly. I rested my back on the metal locker behind me as I sat on the floor. I just changed into my scrubs and I decided to hide here in the physician's lounge. Nobody is here anymore since they're all busy doing rounds. I get to stay a little and 'hide' since my case got delayed because of the new surgeon I'm working with.

Phirefighter00: this insta app says that you 'seen' my messages. I looked it up and google says it means you see my messages.

Hindi ko alam pero natawa ako sandali. He is such an oldie.

I took a deep breath before I pressed to call him. He answered in the first ring.

"Where are you? I need to see you."

I closed my eyes and bit my lower lip. Argh, ang sarap pakinggan ng boses niya. Nakakaasar!

"You work with her, you understand me? You don't give Dr. Quintanilla a problem."

"I don't want her."

"Well, I don't want you."

Natahimik siya.

"No. I know I'm still on top of your boyfriend list. I know I am number one."

I rolled my eyes. I'm in search of finding a new boyfriend number one.

"Go on, be a delulu. I don't care. You work with her. You don't give her a problem. If you do, I will block you. You can make another account but I'll put my account on private, so there is no way you can follow me again. Ever."

"Okay." Mabilis niyang sagot. "I'll do what you tell me, but only this time. Because I'm not working with her again." He replied. "I need to see you after my surgery."

"No. I have a new surgeon now."

"What—"

"---Talking to me aside from work is a privilege now. You don't have that anymore. I'm done playing with you."