013.

INARA

INARA

flashback from April 2022

My eyes wondered around all the faces on the court. Paige was traveling with the ball down the court. She was looking for anybody wide open. I clapped my hands before raising them, "Aye!" I got her attention and she looked over at me. In the mist of her about to throw the ball to me, someone from the opposing team came behind her and attempted to snatch the ball, making Paige turn around. But, Paige caught on instantly and her hands remained glued to the ball.

The crowd went wild and my face scrunched up at the altercation. The tension escalates quickly, and before I knew it, they're face to face, exchanging words. I flashed down the court along with the other girls to break up what could've been bound to happen. "What the hell?" Aaliyah pulled at Paige, "Somebody's got to let it go!" The announcers voice roared around the stadium. Paige eventually let go and Evina got behind her, holding Paige back before any of us.

Paige was laughing, throwing her hands up at the situation. She was definitely trying to remain calm. I think it took way more than that to piss her off completely. She started yelling at the crowd, "Come on! Get into it!" She did the 'come here' motion with her hands.  She had got the crowd even more hyped. Evina was trying her best, carrying Paige back down the court.

"The fuck?" I stared at the opposing team seeing the girl she was tussling with was running her mouth along with her teammates. I didn't understand because it wasn't that serious but she was running her mouth too much for me. I cocked my head to the side because she seemed like she wanted more. "What?" I looked at them as I felt my adrenaline somehow rush even more. I was trying tell myself to calm down because it wasn't even my altercation but I didn't like when someone taunted my team. Game or not.

I let out a laugh and put my hands on my hips, "Nah, what do bitches wanna do?" I rolled my eyes at the other team because they were doing entirely too much.

I locked eyes with a laughing Azzi and she just nodded her head at me. I knew what that meant and I nodded back, biting my lip, thinking about what I was about to do. "Yo!" I yelled mostly at myself because I couldn't control my anger anymore. I walked over to the girl quickly, "Hey! Bitch!" I shoved her down to the ground, causing the crowd to gasp loudly or cheer. It was a mixture of both, "Yeaaaaah! Come on!" I taunted her as she quickly tried to get up. I felt my muscles flex extremely as a natural reflex.

"What the fuck is your problem?" Her whole team started coming towards me, "What? What, Bitch? I'm not scared of you bitches! Come on!" I continued flexing my muscles, but I felt somebody grab me from behind, "No! Don't do it!" Paige somehow had got out of Evina's grasp and grabbed onto me, basically doing me just how Evina did her. Geno, the refs, other coaches and even players sitting on the bench were now all on the court, trying to break everything up.