chapter 10

As the family gathered in the grand hall to discuss the upcoming wedding arrangements, they decided to meet Shivani directly at the mandap. They had already seen her picture and were impressed by her beauty and grace. The decision was made: the wedding would be grand, befitting the royal family.

On the wedding day,

the palace was abuzz with activity. Everyone was preparing for the grand event, ensuring that every detail was perfect. Jayavardhan, dressed in his regal attire, reached the mandap and sat, waiting impatiently for his bride.

The pandit chanted the mantras, his voice blending with the sounds of the grand celebration, but to Jayavardhan, it was all an irritating drone. He had been waiting for over an hour, his patience wearing thin.

Finally, the moment arrived. Shivani descended the stairs, her steps slow and graceful, draped in a traditional red bridal saree. Jayavardhan, without seeing her face, felt his heart skip a beat.

It was as if a beautiful fairy had descended from heaven. He quickly composed himself, masking his emotions with a stoic, egoistic expression. Shivani reached the mandap and sat beside him, her presence and fragrance driving him to the brink of distraction.

"What is happening to me?" Jayavardhan thought, struggling to maintain his composure. "No one has ever made me feel this way. Control yourself, Jayavardhan. You're getting married only because of your family and for your kingdom."

As the pandit recited the rituals, Jayavardhan followed suit. When it came time to fill Shivani's hairline with sindoor, his hand trembled slightly, causing some sindoor to fall on her nose.

For the first time, a frown crossed his face as he tried to perfect the task, but it didn't come out as he intended. He let it be, masking his nervousness with a smirk.

"I don't care," he thought defiantly.

The rituals continued, and despite his best efforts to remain unaffected, Jayavardhan couldn't shake the feeling that this woman beside him was different. The fragrance, her grace, and the aura she carried made him feel something he had never felt before.

The grand wedding proceeded, marking the beginning of a new chapter in their lives, filled with unexpected emotions and the unfolding of a destined fate.

As the time for the bidai approached, Shivani cried while hugging her parents. Jayavardhan, observing the scene, couldn't shake the feeling that her parents' tears seemed fake.

His suspicion deepened, and he discreetly asked his trusted aide, Arman, to gather every detail about the Shekhawat family and their business-except for anything about his so-called bride. He had no interest in knowing her.

The information Arman provided confirmed Jayavardhan's worst fears: Mr. Rajendra Shekhawat was a cunning and greedy man who would do anything for money, and his wife was no different. Knowing this, Jayavardhan assumed that Shivani must be just like her parents.

As they sat in the car, Shivani's continuous crying began to irritate Jayavardhan. He handed her a tissue and, in a cold and strict voice, said, "Rani sa, agar aapne abhi rona band nahi kiya to hum aapko abhi wapas aapke ghar chhod kar aa jaenge."

Shivani stiffened and immediately stopped crying, which brought a smirk to Jayavardhan's face. He looked out of the window, awaiting the new journey and phase of his life with a mixture of anticipation and resignation. (Pove end.)

(Present)

After an hour-long journey, their car finally stopped. Jayavardhan stepped out first, his expression unreadable. Shivani, struggling with her heavy lehenga, tried to follow, but the weight made it difficult.