Chapter 8

Jayavardhan strode purposefully through the grand corridors of the palace, his mind racing with thoughts of the upcoming meeting. As he exited the main gates, his driver was already waiting, holding the door of a sleek black car open. Jayavardhan slid into the back seat, and the car sped off toward the heart of the city.

His office building was a marvel of modern architecture, designed by Jayavardhan himself. Towering glass structures glinted in the sunlight, reflecting the sky and cityscape in a dazzling display. Inside, the lobby was a blend of elegance and cutting-edge technology, with marble floors, high ceilings, and a centerpiece fountain that exuded a sense of calm amidst the hustle and bustle.

Jayavardhan's business empire spanned numerous industries, including hotels, construction, and various other ventures. He was not only a royal king but also a business king, known for his sharp acumen and unmatched success. No one had managed to defeat him in the cutthroat world of business.

As Jayavardhan entered the building, his presence was like a force of nature. Employees straightened their postures, and hushed whispers filled the air. He was known for his unyielding discipline and sharp business acumen, but it was his temper that truly instilled fear. When angered, Jayavardhan was a force to be reckoned with, and today, a storm was brewing.

He stepped into the elevator, the doors closing silently behind him, and ascended to the top floor where his office was located. The doors opened to reveal a spacious, meticulously designed office with floor-to-ceiling windows offering panoramic views of the city. The decor was minimalist yet luxurious, with sleek furniture and a color palette of muted tones.

Jayavardhan's PA Arman  greeted him with a nervous smile. "Good morning, sir. Your meeting with Mr. Kapoor is scheduled to start in ten minutes."

Jayavardhan nodded curtly and walked past him, entering his private office. He took a moment to collect his thoughts, his mind sharpening with the prospect of facing his rival. Mr. Kapoor, a businessman with a reputation for unethical practices, had been attempting to lure Jayavardhan into a shady deal for months.

The door to his office opened, and Mr. Kapoor entered, accompanied by his entourage. Jayavardhan remained seated behind his desk, his expression unreadable. He gestured for Kapoor to take a seat, the tension in the room palpable.

Kapoor, a portly man with a smug demeanor, settled into the chair opposite Jayavardhan. "Mr. Ranawat, it's a pleasure to see you again. I have a proposal that I believe you'll find quite lucrative."

Jayavardhan's eyes narrowed. "Get to the point, Kapoor. I don't have time for pleasantries."

Kapoor chuckled, leaning forward. "Very well. This business venture involves certain...gray areas. But the profits, I assure you, will be substantial."

Jayavardhan's expression turned icy. "Are you suggesting I engage in illegal activities, Kapoor?"

Kapoor's smile faltered, but he quickly recovered. "I prefer to think of it as bending the rules. After all, in business, sometimes you have to play dirty to get ahead."

Jayavardhan's fist clenched on the desk, his voice dangerously low. "Let me make one thing clear, Kapoor. I do not, and will never, involve myself in anything illegal. My empire is built on integrity and hard work, not deceit."

Kapoor's face reddened with anger. "You think you're better than me, Ranawat? Your self-righteousness will be your downfall."

Jayavardhan's eyes blazed with intensity. "No, Kapoor. It's men like you who will fall. Your greed and corruption will be your undoing. I have built my empire with honor, and I will not taint it with your filth."

Kapoor leaned forward, his voice low and menacing. "You may think you’re untouchable, but everyone has a price, Ranawat. It’s only a matter of time before you realize that."

Jayavardhan stood up, his towering presence intimidating. "Get out of my office. And take your filthy propositions with you. If I ever see you again, then I will definitely end your life and no one will be find you ever".

Kapoor stood up abruptly, his entourage scrambling to follow. "You’ll regret this, Ranawat," he spat before storming out.

As the door slammed shut behind them, Jayavardhan's anger simmered, his temper flaring. He took a deep breath, trying to regain his composure, but the incident had only heightened his ire. He walked over to the window, staring out at the city below, his mind a whirl of thoughts and emotions.

Jayavardhan's phone buzzed, breaking the tense silence in his office. He glanced at the screen and saw a message from his grandfather, Rajvardhan: "We have found a potential bride. Come home early tonight."

His heart skipped a beat, and his mind reeled with shock. He had only issued the ultimatum because he believed it impossible to find a bride who met his stringent conditions within five days, let alone five hours. How could his family have possibly found someone so quickly?

Jayavardhan sat down heavily in his chair, trying to process the information. His mind raced through the possibilities. Had they found someone who genuinely met his criteria, or was this a ploy to corner him into marriage? He knew his grandfather was resourceful, but this development was beyond his wildest expectations.

He leaned back, staring at the ceiling, the weight of the situation pressing down on him. If his grandfather had found a bride, it meant that Jayavardhan had to follow through on his word. His thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door. Arman  peeked in, his expression cautious.

"Sir, is everything alright?" he asked hesitantly.

Jayavardhan straightened up, masking his turmoil with a strict facade. "None of your business .Prepare the car. I have to go palace early today.

Arman poutly nodded and quickly exited, leaving Jayavardhan to gather his thoughts. He needed to maintain control, both over his emotions and the situation.

As he prepared to leave, he couldn't help but wonder about the woman who had been found so quickly. Was she genuinely capable of becoming his queen, or was this just another elaborate scheme to bind him to the throne? Jayavardhan was determined to find out.

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

Dear Readers,

Thank you for joining me on this journey through "Tangled Fate: A Royal Marriage." Your support means the world to me.

To those who have been reading silently, I appreciate your presence, but I would love to hear from you! Your votes and comments truly make a difference. They help me understand what you enjoy and motivate me to keep writing.

Please take a moment to vote on the chapters and share your thoughts.  Even a single heart ❤️ in the comments would mean a lot.

Thank you for your support!

Warm regards,

Akriti 🌸