7

FIRST DATE TROUBLES

WHILE TECHNICALLY IT WAS LUCILLE PICKING UP Jennifer, Daniel had made sure to call Jennifer's phone line, making sure she knew he was on his way.

It was around a 20 minute drive to her house from his, and he remembered the exact moment the trees changed from dead to full and green, spreading with life.

It wasn't that Sherman Oaks was a big deal, it was that Daniel Larusso didn't expect Jennifer to be another country club kid, raised by two rich individuals - and yes, of course that intimated him.

His heart raced as they pulled up to her dark blue, two story house - lit with lights across the grass. He gulped, looking around and turning to his mom who urged him. "You got it." She smiled, and with that - he exited the car, making his way to the door.

Before he was even able to knock, the door opened to reveal a younger boy, chewing on his candy and looking Daniel up and down, furrowing his brows. "J.J. It's for you." He spoke, eyeing Daniel before walking off - and it wasn't long until Jennifer rushed to the door, waving her younger other away and smiling at Daniel.

Inside, it was full of decor, and Daniel gulped, mustering up a small, "Hi." To say, and once he did, Jenny closed the door behind her.

"Hi." She spoke back, a smile upon her lips - a nervous one at that. She wore a nice red cardigan over her black top, and her usual pair of fold over jeans that were dark washed. Daniel admired her now, ignoring everything else. She'd done her hair, adding some wave to it and he stared in awe before clearing his throat - gesturing down the steps.

"Shall we go?"

"We shall." He held his arm out, allowing Jennifer to cling onto it as they made their way down the steps, and once she took her place in the middle seat of the car, she greeted Mrs. Larusso.

"Hi, sweetie." Jennifer smiled to herself after waving back, taking comfort in those small words because when was the last time she's heard that. Mrs. Larusso started the car, pointing to Jenny's cardigan, nodding at it.

"I love this, beautiful." She complimented, and Jenny let out a small laugh before thanking her. She glanced over to Daniel who stared out the window, glancing over and shooting a small, forced smile as well.

Now, the Roller Rink was absolutely packed, how could it not be on a Saturday in Encino? Daniel made sure to hold her hand as she led him in, and from there - he stared at the whole place in shock. It was bright, humongous, and the line for roller skates was huge.

Still, they got through it pretty fast, and as they made it to the rink, Daniel clung onto Jennifer for a few seconds, watching her in fear as she laughed down at him, taking his hand in hers.

She watched as he stood up, calming himself and soon he was skating just fine - just like Jenny. Her eyes widened and she then raised an eyebrow, skeptically. "How'd you get the hang of it so fast?"

"The key is ... balance." Daniel spoke, a confident smirk tugging at his lips, and he squeezed Jenny's hand, watching her hum in response.

"Oh, and you'd know that?" She questioned, giggling in the midst of her words. Daniel nodded, making direct eye contact with her as they skated. He stared for a good minute, admiring her features and everything about her.

His lack of concentration on skating caused him to tumble forward, startling Jennifer as she watched him go down. "Are you okay??" She asked, attempting to pull him up, and as he groaned in embarrassment - laughing at himself once he'd seen Jenny laugh, he nodded.