Wattpad Original
This is the last free part

Ch. 10: Falling apart

The day Faustina had waited weeks for had arrived. She woke up happier than ever full of hopes, and in just a matter of seconds, Almec ruined everything.

"Something else came up today, we're not going to be able to go to the lake," he told her.

Faustina, who was already prepared to leave, hugged her backpack and looked down at the floor.

I couldn't believe that he would tell her something like that when we were already at the door. Faustina had been fifteen minutes at the entrance of the mansion waiting for Almec to come down the stairs so we could leave.

"But it's a perfect day to go today," she murmured. "And Demian already made me my lunch."

I crouched in front of her and my heart broke when I saw the small tears that began to fall down her cheeks.

"We can go another day." Almec opened the door and left the mansion. "I have a last-minute meeting with Geldra."

"Can't I at least go with Valen?" Faustina insisted, controlling her crying.

"It's dangerous for you to go alone, why don't you go get your bike and ride around the garden a bit? You said you wanted to ride it out of the mansion and today is a nice day."

"Okay," Faustina answered, dropping her backpack to the floor.

She didn't like being a burden to others, in the months we spent escaping from the hunters she never complained. I knew that what Almec told her hurt her, and yet, she preferred to hide it.

"I'll find a way to take you out," I promised in a whisper, hugging her.

Faustina hugged me back with all her strength, letting the rest of her tears fall.

"He's gone," she said, looking at the door when we broke the hug.

"I'm going to talk to him, you go with Demian in the meanwhile, I'm sure he can make you something delicious to cheer you up."

The wolf inside me was ready to attack as soon as I walked through the door. I didn't care that he was my mate, if someone made my little sister sad they had to suffer the consequences.

I saw Almec a few steps ahead of me, he was walking holding his cell phone next to his ear, almost reaching the gate.

Using my fury as fuel, I caught up to him in seconds and grabbed his arm, forcing him to stop the call.

"What the hell was that?" I asked him, controlling my tone of voice to not yell at him.

"What was what? I told you, I'm busy."

He tried to resume the call but I pulled his arm again.

"You know she's been waiting for weeks, she already had everything she was going to do planned and you canceled it like it was nothing." I let go of his arm and looked up at him full of contempt. "At least you could have let her know sooner or you could have asked for forgiveness if you had some decency."

"I'll call you later," Almec told the person on the other end before hanging up the call. "Look, I can't predict what emergencies are going to arise in the pack, in case you haven't noticed I'm trying to protect you."

I hated his condescending tone, it made me feel like a weak little child.

"And what is the meeting about, can I know? If it is something so urgent and it affects the entire pack, I have the right to know."

"It's about the members of Moon Guardians."

"Did they hurt anyone?" I asked him. "Are they planning to attack the pack now?"

icon lock

Show your support for 𝙱𝙴𝙻, and continue reading this story

by 𝙱𝙴𝙻
@DreamieAster
When members of the enemy pack crash their wedding, Almec and Valenti...
Buy a new story part. Your Coins help writers earn money for the stories you love.
See how Coins support your favorite writers like @DreamieAster.