Chapter Fourteen: let's have fun

Chopper wiped off the tears that had cascaded down his cheeks at the sight before him. The cloudy sky was illuminated by moonlight, the falling snow turning into a shade similar to that of cherry blossoms.

Gone was the feeling of sadness and loss. Maybe for once the feeling of not belonging anywhere would be gone.When Doctorine had chased him out with spears he had thought she was disappointed in him leaving his home country. Leaving her and the memory of Dr Hiriluk.

Now he understood what she meant as he gazed at the sky whilst the Going Merry began sailing away from Drum Kingdom. She wanted him to follow his dreams without looking back. Just as Dr Hirikuk wanted him to as well.

Behind him stood the rest of the people he'd soon spend the rest of his life with, sailing the Grandline.

"Ohhh..."

"Whoa..."

"It's beautiful..."

Their voices had become muffled as he focused on the sight of his home slowly growing farther and farther from him.

"Like a bunch of cherry blossoms." Zoro said, his comparison not being too far off. He sat whilst everyone around him stood.

Ussop smoothly slid and stood beside Nami, hand covered as he whispered to her,"Hey..is Chopper okay? He's looking a little down."

"He'll be fine. Let's just leave him alone for now."

Sanji- who had finally been able to walk on his own , having no recollection of the previous chapters events, moved his cigarette from his lips. "It's an emotional time for him. He's going on his first journey as a man. It's a rite of passage."

"And he's about to leave Drum island for good," Vivi looked at Chopper with an air of empathy,"It's been his home for his entire life."

"Yeah."Ussop nodded.

"This is it. I'm leaving both doctor and  doctorine. My adventure's starting now, on this ship." Chopper monologued as he came to terms with his decision.

As much as Y/n could admit that exploring Drum island was quite an experience, the snow and some people intriguing her for a bit. She was grateful they had a new doctor and crewmate as well. But as she watched the cold winter island become a blur in the distance she was rejoicimg at the thought of getting warmer weather. 'I thought I'd freeze my ass off.'

Soon the silence aboard the Merry had been filled with joyous celebration. The sound of cheers ringing out around the ship.

"It's time to set sail?" Luffy ran around amongst his crew with chopsticks in his nose making Zoro, Sanji and Ussop laugh.

"Theses cherry blossoms are like party decorations!" Zoro stated as he laughed, Ussop clapping his hands beside him as they both watched Luffy's performances.

"C'mon Chopper! Snap out of it, you can't just sit there all night long. Join us!" Ussop pulled Chopper to stand beside him and slun an arm over his small shoulders,"You want a drink?"

Sanji pulled him asway from the sniper,"Come sing a song with us!"

"Here, shove theses chopsticks up your nose!" Luffy said as he gave Chopper a pair of chopsticks.

"The night is still young and it's filled with Cherry Blossoms, How can we not party!" Sanji announced, a bit tipsy. Zoro,Luffy and Ussop laughing and joking beside him. Chopper sneaked away from them, not used to the ruckus being made.

He felt a weight on his right shoulder and nearly jumped out his fur in fear before hearing Nami's voice and relaxing. "They're a handful. I hate to tell you this but  your new friends are as crazy as they come."