Chapter 1: The Beginning

(First Picture: Jalicea)

"I'm on that good kush and alcohol, I got some down bitches I can call." My alarm went off at 5:30. I guess sleep time was over.

"What am I wearing today?" I managed to get through yawns. Steam escaped the bathroom as I showered for half an hour.

I put on my chap stick and lip gloss because I don't wear make up. I don't really need it. I looked in the mirror. "Your hoe will get slayed," My keys were no where to be found and I had to be at school in fifteen minutes. Apparently,I was riding the bus today. Ugh , I hated that bus. It smelt like weed and hot breath.

Lips curled and nose tooted, I sat in the very first seat. " I swear it stank on here."

 "Well if bitches like you would keep ya' mouth closed we wouldn't have that problem." 

 I must've been thinking out loud. Either way it go Kaija always got something to say. Kaija was suppose to be a senior this year, but she got pregnant and basically had a vacation at home last semester. I mean I ain't no hater ... the girl was bad. She was a pretty dark girl with a short cut hairstyle. Always had on a new outfit and shoes. With her looks, she could probably get any boy she wanted. Only problem is... she's a hoe. She done had more abortions than birthdays and more niggas than Africa.

Time was something I didn't want to waste entertaining this trick. I smiled and pointed at my mouth. Her and her bum friends gave me the stank look. They knew exactly what I meant, "Bitch, swerve." I put my headphones in, closed my eyes, and listened to my music.

" I left my guh baaaaackkkk homeee, I don't love her no moee."

I heard a voice singing my favorite song in my ear and it wasn't The Weeknd. I realized I had fallen asleep along the way and opened my eyes to see D.J. in my ear like a damn fool. "Boy, where my headphones? " I asked as I sat up in the seat.

" I put em' in my pocket so you can hear some real singing!" he explained. He swear he can blow and  I mean he can sing, don't get me wrong, but you can't tell him that or he'll get the big head.

"Nah, you put them in yo pocket cause you broke yours yesterday! Haha you thought I forgot, you ain't slick." I replied laughing. "Ooh you make me sick don't nobody need yo bum ass earphones anyway nigga." he said throwing them at me.

 "Do it again If you bad." I said sucking my teeth.

"He ain't dumb." a familiar voice said.

I looked up and saw my ex, Chance. I rolled my eyes. "Oh, you wanna act funny now?"  With the relationship me and Chance have,nowadays,  his presence irritates my soul.

"Keep talking and I might say something hysterical." I snapped back. I can't stand Chance. When we first met he was cool. He had brains, swag, and a good personality. He was one of those pretty boys. Fresh cut every week, new outfit and J's everyday. He was just too trifling. He cheated on me with Kaija, at the time, my ex best friend. Yeah, we were mad cool until she told me before one of her abortions that the baby was Chance's.

"Man, I ain't trying to hear all that smart shit." He was staring me down. He was fine as hell with waves and his caramel complexion. He looked like he could be Brian White's brother. But like they say, looks fade.

"Well I can get stupid, pick your choice." I ain't have time for his bs. " Whatever, I'm gonna'  call you tonight. " He licked his lips. I smirked and said, " Why? Everybody got a voicemail,  Chance. Go visit somebody else's for a change." and with that I got off the bus and went to the cafeteria for breakfast.  

 As I walked through the hall, I heard my name being called and turned around to see my best friend Jalicea. "I know you heard me calling you negro! " she playfully pushed me. "Ain't nobody got time for no crackheads early this morning Jay." I acted like I was scratching my arm and sniffing my nose. We both just started laughing.  

We entered the cafeteria to see a surprising show. Two boys were jumping another guy  and nobody was trying to help him. How pathetic. Well I had to do something, so I went over there to break it up.