Chapter 9: New Gains and New Problems

(Picture Of Marlo On The Side)

"You fucking bitch!" was all she was hollering as she pushed me through the door. I was so shocked and confused that I didn't know what to say or do.

"What's yo damn problem Jay?" I said trying to calm down. She was pissing me off acting all crazy and shit.

"You always running yo damn mouth! Isaac gone leave me high and dry because of yo dumb ass!" she said breaking down into tears. I don't know what the hell she talking about, but there ain't gone be too much more name calling.

"Don't blame me for no shit that you've caused. Whatever happened is between you and him. Hell i'on even talk to that nigga. You better swerve the fuck along." I said getting frustrated. I was getting tired of hearing that nigga name.

I was prepared for everything but what all she said next.

"I love him,Cas." she said finally calming down. "I know its only been a couple of days but I really do. Yeah, I did some basic ass shit but only because I thought we had something real.After I snuck out to see him, the next morning I woke up throwing up. It don't take no damn rocket scientist to know I'm pregnant." she said looking down.

"I was gonna get a abortion because I knew if Isaac found out he would act a damn fool." she was about to say something else before I cut her off.

"Abortion?" I said in disgust. I was feeling sorry for her until she said that.

I gave her an I don't believe this laugh. She looked at me curiously.

"What's so funny Candace. I really wanna know." she said sarcastically.

I looked at her and stared. "You're pathetic. You care more about this nigga that you've only known a couple of days more than you do about your own baby. Are you serious? Like do you hear yourself right now? You got enough money to give that baby the world and you wanna have an abortion for some nigga that don't pay you a bit of mind?" I scoffed.

"If you looking for sympathy you better go to the next house cause you gets none here. You dismissed." I said opening the door.

I couldn't believe her. She cared more about some stranger nigga than her baby. She need to get her mind right and her priorities straight. I now consider her just like the rest of these females around here : basic.

"What you don't seem to realize is I don't want this baby. Some things are mistakes, ask your mama she should know." she said wiping a tear and smirking.

I smiled then slapped the smirk right off that trick face. How dare this bitch have the audasity to talk about my mama. No, I wasn't planned but hell I bet that's 90% of black births.

She looked at me shocked then raised her hand. She suddenly put it back down and got in her car then drove off.

I wasn't a cruel person so of course I felt sorry for her but that ain't my problem. I ain't being selfish I'm being real. I've told Jay to slow down too many times before. Like Drew said, hard head make a soft ass. I still didn't see how it was my fault but I guess I didn't let her get to that part. I didn't know what I had to do with that situation and frankly I didn't give a fuck.

"Why you standing here with the door wide open?" Drew said as the cloud of thoughts drifted away.

"I had... company." I said. I didn't want to discuss the situation. I was already getting a headache and I wasn't even the one pregnant.

He just looked at me and nodded off. "Well I went and bought some snacks, I was hungry as hell." he said grabbing a boiled peanut out if the cup.

"These the hot ones?" I asked reaching for one. "Don't matter cause you ain't about to digest them." he said swiping my hand.