Chapter 7: This Guy

"Girl, I'm about to diiive in oooh." was booming through the radio. "Huh ? Did you try to say something Candace?" he asked sarcastically as he turned the music down. "I was trying to say that you need to take me ho-," was all I got out before the music drowned my voice again ,"SPLASH !". I turned the radio off. "Um, Candace, sorry if you're confused but this ain't your car." He turned the radio back on. Seriously?

I thumped his finger. We passed my house ten minutes ago , and he refused to turn around. " Ow ! Chill yo' !" He gave me a painful expression which crept into a pearly white smile. "Nah, I'm just playing, but if you don't keep your hands to yourself ...." He placed his hand on my thigh, "..I might have to put mine to work." He licked his lips. I turned my head, sucked my teeth, and removed his head from my leg. "You wish." was all I said.

He stared at me for a couple of minutes then asked, "So, what made you change your mind about me?" I didn't know or care what he was talking about. "Ohhh, silent treatment ." Dude was leaning in my face , not thinking about the road or our safety. "Aye , pay attention!" I said while grabbing the wheel. My heart was racing and it seemed like to me that he didn't have a care in the world. "Look, who driving?" he asked. "I'm just saying yo-," I started but he interrupted me with,"I'm just asking. Who driving ?" I just looked at him. "Whatever , don't discontinue my sentences." I finally said.

He started to laugh. I didn't see anything funny. I hated when people did that.

We chatted for another ten minutes before we pulled into the house the party was at last night. He slowed down and pulled into the driveway. "We're here" he said. Duh, where else could we possibly be? I didn't say it out loud though. Seem like to me the house looked totally different from last night. I guess because I wasn't paying much attention to my surroundings last night. I never did when I was with my friends.

Jay.

I still couldn't believe I ended my friendship of five plus years less than thirty minutes ago. When we were younger, her and I used to always talk about how we would choose the same careers and go to the same colleges. We would live in the same house and drive the same cars. Our children were going to be best friends like us. We had everything planned out. I guess people change though, she damn sure did.

"Are you going to sit there daydreaming about me or are you going to get out ?" Drew rudely interrupted my thoughts. Well not completely rudely because he had opened my door for me and was holding his hand out for support. Whatever. I got of the car and we went inside the house. "I'll be right back." Drew informed me as I was making my way to the couch in the living room. Their house looked like something you would see on t.v. They had this place on boss status. Yeah, I know I was just here last night , but now it seems like there's a different atmosphere. They had a beast flat screen t.v. , with a bar on the wall, next to the entrance of the kitchen. These people even had a chandelier.

I grabbed the remote and started flipping through channels. There wasn't anything on worth watching so I turned to the show "Catfish".

"These people so stupid. They don't FaceChat , oovoo, skype or anything. But they wanna get mad when these people ain't who they say they is." I said talking to myself. "Forreal though ! They just looking for a way to get famous." Drew joined in. He was walking down stairs like he was a model or something. "Yeah , right." I said pointing at my mouth. "Hater." he said as he made his way to the kitchen. A commercial had came on talking about the poor African kids and how five cents a day could help them. I don't ever believe those commercials. "We should call that number yo'." Drew hollered through the kitchen. "These people claim that if we pay al little bit of this we will help these kidsand animals and what not , but they making 20 second commercials that cost at least 2 million dollars. I'm sorry but something about that don't seem right to me." I told him. He replied back with "True." and nothing else. "Hey,you want a grill cheese?" he asked me. " Aha, I'm good." I replied. He can barely drive but he expect me to trust him with my food ? Sike.