Chapter 8: Coincidentally Attached

I woke up to the smell of pancakes. Hold the hell up.......my mama at work.

I went to the kitchen and saw this big, buff ass man cooking on my stove. I had still sleep in my eyes.

"Excuse me?" I said confused and sleepy. My face lit up as he turned around. "You excused.", my daddy's deep voice replied. He smiled, then embraced me with a hug full of love, warmth, and cologne.

I coughed a little, too much damn Cologne.

"What you doing here?" I asked. I didn't really care why he was here I was just happy that he was.

"Your mama told me she was going out with her friends so I decided to come chill with you, if that's alright." He said flipping a burnt pancake.

"That one yours, right." I wasn't asking him, I was letting him know. I don't do burnt food. That ish nasty.

"All of them mine if you really wanna know." He snapped back.

I rolled my eyes and went to shower.The hot water felt so good running down my back. I put on my black and white school hoodie and ripped white skinny jeans.

I finished up accessorizing then went back into the living room. "I need some new clothes." I told my dad simply.

"People in hell need water and sanctification , get my drift ?" He said it so fast that all I could reply with was "Huh?" He rolled his eyes then told me to grab his keys.

Twenty minutes later I was maxing out his black card. I had eleven bags in my hand when we went to the food court.

"Damn Candace. You too damn grown to be this spoiled. You bout spent my whole check." Hr said as his voice trailed off, looking at some lady walking by.

She giving him the "you can get it" look. That's nasty as hell.

My daddy wasn't ugly or anything, he was in his middle 30's. He had deep waves and he was brown skinned. He had this swagg about him, doper than anybody I ever knew.

I faked cough and hew turned his attention back on me. "What?" He asked. He shook his head like I was the one staring at the lady's booty for the past three minutes.

"You been thinking about college?" He asked while stuffing the Chinese food in his mouth.

"Yeah," I paused "I'm considering UCLA.I've been saving up money for financial security and all." I told him. I want trying to go to some small time community college. I had goals to reach, and UCLA would hand them to me.

"Hmmph, that sound good baby. I'm glad you being responsible and planning ahead." He was about to say something else but his phone started ringing.

I looked passed him and saw Jalicea. She was there with.... I don't even wanna say. She was grimy as hell. My eyes didn't wanna believe what they had just saw. Joseph had handed her some money and was about to walk away before she kissed him. He pushed her off thank God.

Our eyes met and his face was covered with worry. I looked away , feeling somewhat embarrassed because it felt like I had been spying or something. Jay was making me dislike her dirty ass more and more.

I didn't ever think it was possible for me to feel so much hatred towards her .

"Did you hear me ?" My daddy broke into my train of thoughts.

"Huh?" I asked. I had forgot he was even here. "I said some nigga at work lost our blueprints, so I have to go back and try to find them." He sighed.

"Oh, iight." I said trying not to sound disappointed. The last time I saw him was two months ago, I wasn't quite ready for our day to end.

We were on our way out, when I spotted Isaac with some skimpy looking broad. She had shorts on that barely covered her ass and a strapless orange bra type shirt. It disgust me when I see females doing all that for attention. It ain't that serious.