Parker

6 AM

"Shit" stubbing my toe as I raced around the corner, it was early and I was running late for school. 

"Parker Amelia, you know better than to cuss in this household." my mother said sternly with no real anger behind her tone. She stood over the stove smelling the gravy as she stirred, "Sit down and eat, would you like coffee?"

"Yes ma'am" my sarcasm could cut the air, my mom just rolled her eyes and set down my mug placing a kiss on the top of my head. She elegantly left the kitchen to tend to my kid siblings and the baby and left me to eat peacefully. As I basked in the silence, my father leaped into the kitchen to serve himself some of my mother's delicious biscuits and gravy, so much for eating in the quiet.

"Good morning my girl, how does it taste?" My father, dressed in a black suit with his dark hair slicked back, worked for a large company but I'm not sure exactly what he does. He won't ever speak of it, but he seems happy and keeps a roof over our head so I never stressed it. 

"Delicious as ever!" I exclaimed as I scraped the last little bit of gravy off the plate. I leaped out of my chair and around the island to kiss his cheek. "Bye daddy, I'm running late" I ran up the stairs to my room and into my closet to pick my outfit. I took pride in my clothes which led me to pick my softest white sweater, black leggings, and grey boots. My long brown hair still held its curl from the day before so a quick brush will do. I was never much into makeup, I got my eyelashes done professionally to avoid the use of mascara so I quickly brushed out my eyebrows after my skincare routine and put on some chapstick. I grabbed my bags and made my way downstairs.

"Goodbye my love have a great day" I heard my mom in the living room with the twins and the baby. I went in and planted a kiss on her cheek.

"Bye Mom love you, bye Noah," I said as I rubbed his fuzzy newborn head. "Are you guys ready?" I looked towards my twin siblings with my hands on my hips while they played on the floor.

"Yes sissy!" they chimed in unison, throwing their toys in the bucket and running to grab their bags.

"Theodore! Josephine!" My mom yelled after the twins but they were already in the car.

"Little psychos" we both chuckled. "Bye, Dad love you!" I yelled walking out the door and shutting it behind me. After buckling the twins in, we departed down the road to my best friend Octavia's house.

7 AM

"Hey suckas" she chirped as she climbed into the passenger seat, the kids laughed at her antics. Octavia has been my best friend since birth, we have had our differences but ultimately strengthened our bond throughout school. As we dropped the twins off at kindergarten, we took off up the road to a spot on the hill. The class didn't start for another hour so we thought to indulge ourselves in some herbs to start our day. As the car became hotboxed, O broke the silence.

"Ace and I got into it last night," O said looking down ashamed.

"Again? What was it this time?" I said with a hefty sigh. She and Ace have been dating for years which I never understood as he was so abusive. He had a horrible home life which sucked but taught him disgusting habits. Octavia and I have run circles arguing about their relationship, so she doesn't bring him up very often anymore to avoid my scolding opinions. When she does bring him up, it's normally something serious. 

"I found pictures of a girl in his phone... naked ones" She was fiddling with her fingers to avoid looking me in the eye.

"What the fuck" I pressed my fingers at the bridge of my nose, this wasn't the first time she had caught him cheating on her.