21

"Thank you for all of the amazing gifts Aria and Miss. Caudwell." Billie smiled while she helped Aria bundle up for the rude New York winter.
"Of course Billie. I love having you around for the holidays." Arias mom gave a great smile while hugging the two girls.
"Drive safe okay?" She hugged her daughter tightly and watched as she walked out the door.
"I love you mom. Merry Christmas."

The next day Aria awoke from a nightmare.
She tossed and turned until suddenly the bedside lamp flickered on.
"Why are you awake Aria?" Billie sleepily groaned while sitting up.
"I had a nightmare. I'm okay now. Go back to sleep." She said while lying down next to Billie.
"Are you sure baby? You look like you've seen a ghost." Billie sat up and looked into the girls worried eyes, brushing her fingers though her hair.
   "I'm. I'm okay Bil. Please, can we cuddle?" Aria scooted closer to the brunette and waited for her to wrap her arms around her.
Billie's arms tightly wrapped around her and pulled the girl closer to her chest.
"You're scared of me leaving again aren't you?" Billie asked while playing with the young girls hair.
"Yes, I am. But it's your career and I can not take that from you. I love seeing you succeed." Aria spoke softly.
    "I shouldn't be gone the whole year ma. I'll be back home way before September I promise."
Aria didn't speak. She buried her face into Billie's neck and just sat in silence.
"Go back to sleep okay? I'll be right here if you have another nightmare. I promise." Billie ran her fingers through arias hair and placed a gentle kiss on her head.
Aria only nodded and closed her eyes. She felt Billie grip loosen on her so she could comfortably fall asleep.
But in the morning Billie wasn't there.
She had left a note but Aria still FaceTimed her.

Good morning sleepy.

Good morning bil. Where are you?

I left a note. I'm picking up some things for your mom and I'll be right home.

Okay. I love you. Hurry back please

I love you more. I'll be there soon

Aria took a deep breath and hung up the phone. She began making some coffee to help pass the time and wake her up.
   And Billie still wasn't back.
She thought maybe a shower would help her stop overthinking everything but still, Billie wasn't there and the shower didn't work.
    So she read by herself.
Just like she had to when Billie was in Europe.
  And finally Billie arrived and went straight up to make sure aria was okay. Which she wasn't.
    She was looking forward to spending time with Billie but Billie had other plans it looked like.
    "I was helping your mom baby I'm sorry." Billie tried to hug the girl, but Aria didn't hug back.
    "Look. I'm sorry. But I was helping her shop and I came home to tell you to get ready. You and I are going out today." Billie kissed arias cheek and gave her a small smile.   
    "But I'm on my period. I don't wanna go out." Aria pouted.
"Ahhh that's why you're in a bad mood huh? It's okay baby. We're just gonna go grab lunch together. Maybe have a picnic." Billie finally got aria to smile, which made her smile.
    "Let me get dressed dummy."

This is a short one guys buttttt—————
I wrote and published a new story called Ruthless if you guys would like to read that!!! Hope you enjoy!!