Prince of Disaster 1

-081-

"We have arrive my lord" Announced the coacher as they arrive at the capital of Bruer, Norburn.

The area was very devastated after the war. No walls of the once peaceful town was left standing. Houses are either burnt or is shamble. The residents on the other hand was all in the streets, many are still injured while others was starving.

Knox came out of his carriage upon reaching the center square where there's more people. The residents attention immediately shifted to him upon seeing the boy standing in the small stage, meant for
announcement.

The young lord scan the audience who was confused and hesitant about him, he then cleared his throat before he spoke.

"By his grace order, Duke Elwyn i am sent here to fulfill his promise. I am your new lord, the new ruler of Bruer" Introduce Knox. The crowd became silent for a moment before someone shouted in anger.

"This is an utter nonsense! How can we entrust our life to a literal child?!" Shouted one man.

"The Duke tricks us! How could he!" Said another one.

"We overthrow the Baron in exchange of a new and better lord that he promised and yet he sent this?!" Agreed another one. Soon enough the people began to retaliate against the unfairness of the situation they are in.

Knox on the other hand couldn't help but click his tounge in annoyance.

This is why i don't want to inherit that goddamn promise title. Being the lord of Belvon is fine as the people are desperate enough to not even care for the new assigned lord. They only care about what i brought and never question what i approved and not but these people are different.

Knox just watch as the people try to push away the few guards Knox brought along with him. He just stand there watching as the people point there hands at him, ridiculing him and saying he should go back.

Clicking his tounge again Knox slammed the crane he was holding to the post next to him, breaking it in half.

"Those who are not happy with this can freely leave on their own accord but i must warn you, once you took a single step outside this town you are no longer under my jurisdiction. You no longer belong in Bruer and was now a wandering migrant. Do you believe other lord's will accept you of you do that? None!, because for them you are a residence of an enemy land" Knox warned in a loud and authoritative tone of voice that immediately silence the crowd.

Soon enough Knox heard rushing footsteps coming from the left side. He turn his gaze there and saw guards rushing towards them. Upon reaching them the guards then came between him and the crowd to stop them from reaching the new appointed lord.

"Apologies for coming too late my lord" Apologize the what it seems the newly arrived guards leader as he kneel down to Knox to greet him.

Knox turn to the guard and look at him intently.

"You must be the leader of the rebellion, Captain Jack Thomas" Called Knox, the man look up to him and nod his head.

"Indeed i am my lord" He answered. Knox sign him to stand up and so the man did. He stand next to Knox like a guard dog, ready to maul everyone who dared offend his lord.

"Listen everyone!, there is nothing to worry now. The Duke neither trick nor abandoned us. He sent one of his heirs as he promised" Said Captain Jack that calm down the people.

"I knew you are hesitant and afraid of another incompetent lord ruling over us but Lord Gray is different. I know most of you have heard the recent news about the village on top of the mountain. The very village that once the poorest of all in the Eastern region but was now along the richest and develop town, it was lord Gray that help Belvon stand on it's own two feet again. He is competent enough to even save the poorest of us from starvation so there is no need to fear, no need to be suspicious of" Hearing Captain Thomas speech, the person that freed them from the claw of their abusive lord the people began to calm down and think more rationally about the current situation.