33. Past

Read Author's note *

Ishita's Pov*

I woke up in the morning when I felt someone caressing my hair softly. It didn't take me a second to realise it was none other than my love Avi. I slowly opened my eyes and my gaze met his soft one, he was already staring at me with his blue orbs. My heart skipped a beat, when I saw a little smile tugged on his lips. He barely smiles and whenever he does I feel like the darkness inside me fades away. He is like an ocean and I want to drown in him. I know he will take care of me, I hope we could have more time together, but I guess we were together till now only.

"Morning kitten" he said in his deep husky voice, and a current ran to my spine, I shuddered in his arms. I tried to compose myself.

"Morning, Avi smiles often, you look good" I said, while his smile fainted and he nuzzled in my neck.

"Kitten, you seem lost. Is there something bothering you" He asked, while she shook her head.

"No, being in your arms it's relaxing. I found someone after a long time who cares for me so much. Before, my brother used to care for me so much but..." I said, but stopped in between while he caressed my back softly assuring me I can trust him.

"Kitten, I will never judge you. I know you can never hurt anyone" He said and a burden lessened from my heart and I decided to tell him.

Flashback

My mom met my dad in college, she was a student there and my dad was there as a special guest. They both fell in love but it was all illusion, they both were together for their own benefits. My mom wanted his money and my dad wanted revenge from my family. He was no less than a criminal, he had a connection with the dark world. Human trafficking, selling girls, and all the illegal work. At a point he sold his first wife for money, because she was a princess and he got millions just by seeking her. He was planning the same with my mom but our family came to know, they stopped. She assured them she will not meet him. The next day she stood in front of our family and married Raj kapoor, my dad. Our family went into shock, her father, my Nanu, asked her to leave. My Nanu died of a heart attack on the same day but he asked his son and wife to protect mom, as my father is not going to spare her.

My mother came to the funeral and somehow her mother, my nani, was able to capture her. My mother's brother is Mamu, they both succeed in killing my father, they know this has to stop. It was a loop he was chasing every princess like that.

My mother accepted and apologised to her family, everyone was confused but they forgave her. She was happy that she is legally his wife and will get all the property but soon she got to know property is transferred to his son and his brother will take care of the business till his heir attains majority. My mom was sad until she got to know that she is pregnant. She got happy as she thought she will have a son who will directly be heir to 50% of my dad's business. But her dream shattered when I was born. She threw me before even holding me in her arms, my brother Abhimanyu saved me.

She was a widow and a princess, nobody married her and her frustration of wealth and property never reduced, she kept hating me. She beat me everyday, when I laughed she had a problem, she locked me in darkness, when I played with my siblings she was locked in a dark room full of insects. She loved her step son Lakshya and gave all love to him like a mother because he was heir of his property.

The days passed and She started hating me more, it was almost unbearable for me to survive. My family tried a lot but she always got her way . At last Mamu and Mami decided to send me to boarding school, and they shifted me there but my life has never been easy, it was easier for her to reach me and now there was no family with. She came in my dorm, she always just came to vent her anger on me. You know when I got my first period, I was in the worst condition but she came instead of consoling me. She beated me to hell because I somehow interrupted her way of getting property.