ch 18 Fear Itself

It was nighttime in Jump City as thunder loomed overhead. At a video rental place, people were running and screaming in fear. Inside, a female employee screamed in terror as a TV monster stood before her. The monster roared as it's cables sparked with electricty. She screamed and covered her face, awaiting doom.

Suddenly a man pressed a remote control and the monster stopped. The man was revealed to be Control Freak.

"Ok. Either you admit that Warp Trek 5, which reunited the entire original cast of the classic TV series, deserve to be on your favorite rentals list or..." Control Freak said before reactivating the TV monster.

The woman backed up in fear.

"Please! I-I don't even know what Warp Trek is!" The woman pleaded.

"And that, my little tribble, is why you must be destroyed!" Control Freak said pressing the remote.

The TV snarled and sent it's cables at the woman. The Woman screamed and ducked behind a movie shelf. The TV approached the shelf when it was suddenly blasted by Cyborg and Penn. Control Freak gasped when he saw the Titans.

"Well, well, well! If it isn't my old arch-nemesises The Teen Titans"

Penn raised an unimpressed eyebrow.

"Do we know you?" Penn asked.

Control Freak pushed his remote and he appeared on all of the TV screens.

"I am the master of monsters. I am your darkest nightmares come to life. I am Control Freak!" The TV screens said.

Control Freak pushed a button on his remote making the screens clap for him.

"A couch potato with a souped-up remote. I'm petrified" Raven deadpanned.

"You will be. You will be" Control Freak said before pressing the remote.

The movie drop box grew and turned into a monster. Raven gasped and backed up as the drop box loomed over her. Just then Cyborg tackled the drop box and started to fight it.

"Don't worry, Raven. I can drop the drop box" Cyborg said before he picked up the monster and threw it.

"Get his remote!" Robin said as the Titans charged at Control Freak.

"Show's now over, Titans. And if you thought part one was scary, just wait for the sequels!" Control Freak said.

Control Freak pressed his remote and the cash registers turned into monsters. He pressed it again and two movie shelves turned into monsters. He pressed it again and a cardboard samurai cutout came to life. He pressed it again and a poster of a kids cartoon show came to life. The characters crawled out of the poster with red eyes and evil smiles.

The Titans looked at Control Freak who simply waved at them. The samurai charged at Robin with his sword. Robin pulled out his staff and lept behind the samurai. He swept his feet but the samurai stretched out and struck him.

Starfire flew through the air as the cash registers flew after her while firing coins.

Bendy found himself face to face with the cartoons.

"Hey now, listen. You don't want to fight me. I'm a Toon just like you guys. I know that deep down you just wanna entertain folks. So let's talk this out like reasonable drawings, what do ya say?" Bendy asked hopefully.

Bendy screamed as he was thrown across the room.

"Betrayed by my own kind!"

Meanwhile a movie shelf growled as it walked up to Penn. Penn pulled out her pen and quickly drew a bazooka.